Rooster has a bubble on his butt and something sticking out please help

No his poop is not normal. It is bloody and black and runny. And it isn't grass we have tried to pull it out but he acts as if it hurts and it kind of looks like a vein or intestines

No his poop is not normal. It is bloody and black and runny. And it isn't grass we have tried to pull it out but he acts as if it hurts and it kind of looks like a vein or intestines

Black and bloody poop does not sound good. If there is something hanging out that looks like a vein or possibly intestines, then the likely hood of getting that to heal is slim. If he is not improving or seems to be in pain, then it may be best to put him down.

He's a nice GF rooster, it's a shame.

If you do decide to put him to sleep, would you consider doing a necropsy on him to see what the problem is. If so and you were able to take photos, we would be interested in seeing them so that we can all learn from this and perhaps be able to help you figure out what the cause was if you are not able to yourself.
Are you familiar with the inner workings of a chicken?..... ie have you butchered them for meat before?

I hope that does not sound insensitive, but it may help someone else down the line with a similar situation. I appreciate that not everyone can get their head around opening up their pet after death and I am certainly not wanting to put pressure on you to do so, but just something to consider as it can be quite enlightening and often gives you peace of mind that there was nothing you could have done to prevent it's death or the illness that caused it.

Regards

Barbara

No maggots. We are keeping him as clean as possible. He is still acting as normale and we are going to possibly try a syringe to see if there is any fluid under the skin.

Back
Top Bottom