Rooster has a bubble on his butt and something sticking out please help

Have you squeezed it any, not hard but you know put pressure on it? And is it hard or squishy and is it hot? Sorry so many questions but if it is an abcess lanceing it would help big time.
It began 7 or 8 days ago. It wasnt bad to start and i thought it had something to do with the molt everyone on the yard is going threw

Still not really pooping it's kind of just dripping out
It makes him poop a little and then blood starts to come out his butt. It is not hard but is firm. Normal body temperature.
@Chickassan could be right about it being an abscess. If you have vet care, that is always best.
I'm not sure how much longer he can go this way, especially if he is picking at it. Even with your diligence in keeping it cleaned, there's a chance it can become infected.

Lancing it may be your best option at this point.

From yals experience what might it be from? What do yal worm your birds with and how much per head
You mentioned back on page 1 that he had a hard "rubbery something" that he pooped/expelled, is he still pooping any of that?

For worms, I would use Valbazen or Safeguard (fenbendazole). Dosage for Valbazen is 1/2 ml orally and then repeated in 10 days for each chicken or Fenbendazole (Safeguard) at 1/4 ml per pound for 5 days in a row. Both of these can be found online or in stores like Tractor Supply.

Here's a photo tutorial and video of how to give oral medications
https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...er-construction-check-back-for-updates.73335/

Back
Top Bottom