Rooster has a bubble on his butt and something sticking out please help

hillbilly91

Free Ranging
8 Years
Jan 2, 2016
Westminster sc
I found my rooster like this yesterday and have tryed some Preparation H to help him. I've applied it both inside and out, clean him the best I can with a bath. No signs of maggots or mites. Please what do I do?
20180901_194135.jpg
20180901_194135.jpg
20180901_194135.jpg
20180901_194135.jpg
20180901_193454.jpg

I agree that it may be a tumour. It looks like it may have been pecked as well as the black bits look like scabbing from injury. Is he able to poop and if so, what does it look like? If you have the funds for veterinary care and he is a pet, then I would seek professional advice. If not then make sure to keep him clean and if/when he is unable to poop and/or stops eating, then be prepared to euthanize him.
How old is he?
Is he able to walk about and otherwise act normal?
What do you feed your flock?
If he is obese or constipated he could possibly become prolapsed, but it would be unusual for a rooster and normally with a prolapse the internal tissue is pushed outside the body. Most of this swelling is clearly external skin.

He is a two year old rooster. I feed a FRM game bird conditioner, which i have fed to my birds for about a year and a half. He is/ has been since before this happened but he has been picking at it some. He acts fine as far as eatting which i have cut in half and drinking and walking around. He is not obese, but poop has been sticking to feathers around his butt but i think the only reason is his stools are very wet. Most of the swelling is external on the upper side of his butthole. But when we noticed this problem we rinsed him off and he had a white rubber like seed like object about the size of a dime but round that was hanging out of his butthole. We was careful and removed it and started applying Preparation H both internally and externally to the area. It hasnt done much good and he still has very wet stool running out of him.

If it is a tumour. then a vet is not likely to improve his chances of survival in my opinion, so that would probably be a waste of money.
Does his back end/poop smell bad/worse than normal?

I'm in the UK so not familiar with the feed you are using. What is the percentage of protein in it? Wondering if it might be too high.

I can't think of anything else you can do other that keep it clean and probably an antibiotic cream or spray and possibly isolate to prevent other birds pecking it open, but I think this may not end well for him unfortunately. I would be interested to read other people's opinions.

But when we noticed this problem we rinsed him off and he had a white rubber like seed like object about the size of a dime but round that was hanging out of his butthole. We was careful and removed it and started applying Preparation H both internally and externally to the area.

Can you post a photo of the whole rooster?
Photos of the poop?
Did you happen to get a photo of the white rubber-like object that was hanging out of his vent?

It could be a tumor, it's hard to know. Give him a daily soak in epsom salts and keep applying the Prep H or an anti-inflammatory cream.

Back
Top Bottom