Bantam Rhode Island Red Thread

Wyandotte96

Chirping
8 Years
Jan 22, 2012
Ohio
Just wanted to start a thread to post pictures and discuss our birds. I have a small flock of 1 roo and 4 pullets from Jerry Powell. Hoping to get some Gary Underwood birds in Febuary.

Corey

I just got my new bantam RIR to show in 4h.
smile.png
She's a real sweetheart and is already laying for me. What do you think of her?

Hi im thinking of getting some RIR bantams and was wondering if they are good layers? i really dont want another show bird.... i have way too many :)
My RIR bannies are good layers but 1 has gone broody for a month now. No roosters. Probably parentage gave her the broody gene. These birds lay medium size eggs about golfball size only oval. I use 2 for every large egg in recipes. Works great.

Thank you so much. I picked up a pair from a 4-H Leader that needed room for his Serama's. I want to make sure I don't over feed them and get to heavy. I have no idea how old they are just that he got them from a breeder at the Hutchenson show last fall here in MN. I will be getting better pics hopefully today.

Howdy Folks: I'm back. PC has been down for awhile.
Well; My Rhodes are 25 weeks old. They began laying early in their 24th week. Eggs weigh from 0.85 oz to 1.17 oz. These are PeeWee size. Close to the Japanese bantam eggs, and smaller than my Buff Orpington eggs which are 1.75 to 2 ounces.
Really can't determine if all 7 are laying, but I get from 1 to 4 eggs per day from them. Their egg color is a deep off white, or very light tan.
Below is Ole MacDonald. He likes to be around me, but he's a little shy. The girls are more friendly, and some love to be held and petted.

Beautiful Chicks you have there, michael. The Bantam RIR's are my favorite. Looks like you've got a cockerel and two pullets. I'm really happy for you, and I know you are over joyed. Keep us updated.
D.gif

Sage

Back
Top Bottom