Currently treating for Bumblefoot but do we also have a case of scaly leg mites?

TobyRB22

Songster
5 Years
Aug 20, 2018
We have been treating one of our hens Dame Shirley Bassey for bumblefoot, for the second time (although we aren’t convinced we got all of the abscess/pus out the first time)
She is around 4 years old now, but we are also wondering if perhaps she also has a case of scaly leg mites also contributing to a limp or if it’s just a more severe case of BF that’s just taking a longer time to heal.
It’s one week now since the last “surgery” on her foot and all seems to be healing nicely but the limp still seems the same. We know it takes time but her limp doesn’t seem to be improving.
So just wondering if there is another issue a foot here, no pun intended.

Here are her legs, opinions would be appreciated, either way I think I’m going to Vaseline them as they could just be old and dry.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_9350.jpeg
    IMG_9350.jpeg
    421.3 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_9349.jpeg
    IMG_9349.jpeg
    424.3 KB · Views: 6
I agree with @DobieLover. Her legs look good. (Lol. The chicken I mean. I don't know what dobielovers legs look like).

Sometimes it can take a while to heal from the bumblefoot incision, depending on how deep you had to dig.
I agree with @DobieLover. Her legs look good. (Lol. The chicken I mean. I don't know what dobielovers legs look like).

Sometimes it can take a while to heal from the bumblefoot incision, depending on how deep you had to dig.
:D:D:D

Thank you both!
It was pretty deep and I don’t think we got rid of the original BF. I know it takes time but I suppose as we really don’t have any idea what we are doing really haha, we are just worried.
Thanks for the peace of mind!

I suppose it won’t hurt to Vaseline her legs either way as they definitely need moisturing.

Back
Top Bottom