Why do people use incubators...

Oh and you cant tell a hen when she needs to go broody.

"Ok now i have eggs comming tomorrow you need to go broody"
gig.gif

That and it's not a chance you want to take after spending a small fortune on eggs!

Chances are they'll change their mind about being broody halfway through.

ROFL, "My silkie broke" Tooo funny.

because i can't have hens of every single breed I want, isn't financially feasible . But i can get eggs and hatch the breeds I would like.

Because I don't have any broodies at all. Least not yet...

(still giggling about the broke silkie)

Quote:
Ooh, Mahonri, sorry to hear this. I was wondering what happened, and lost track of the thread.

Sorry, didn't mean to get off the topic of this thread...

I bought mine because I wanted quality birds. The feed store and hatchery birds aren't exactly what I consider quality birds. Now I'm trying to hatch my own good quality birds and after they mature I hope to leave all the hatching up to them. I want to add a few silkies to my flocks so I'll be guaranteed a hen that'll go broody for me.

I dont have a incubator yet but i will be getting one in april. I have had broodies and yes its nice to let them do there thing but while they are broody NO eggs!

With a incubator i can add other bloodlines to my flock.

Like someone said before you cannot always count on a broody when you have $$$ in on eggs of a breed you don't have or do have which ever.

Anyone who is seriously into raising chickens and loving chickens as much as all of the BYC people do you have to have a Incubator!

Back
Top Bottom