I'm sorry I have another question😅

My reply isn't critical of Odoban; it was intended for the OP because of OP's aversion to using bleach around chicks due to chemical exposure. I use bleach to disinfect my incubator and pretty much everything else concerning our hatching, brooding and processing of chickens. Bleach is a wonder chemical.
I understand. Have you ever had any issues with using bleach in your incubator?

I understand. Have you ever had any issues with using bleach in your incubator?
No, not at all. I have a Nurture Right 360 and have had excellent results. I take the turner drive motor out of the base and run it through the dishwasher on the energy saver/no heat/no dry setting, then spritz it down with a 1-tbs bleach : 1 qt water solution and let it air dry. Then I reinstall the turner drive motor.

No, not at all. I have a Nurture Right 360 and have had excellent results. I take the turner drive motor out of the base and run it through the dishwasher on the energy saver/no heat/no dry setting, then spritz it down with a 1-tbs bleach : 1 qt water solution and let it air dry. Then I reinstall the turner drive motor.
I have that one too! I didn't know that the turner motor could be taken out!

Ironically, you should read the article I wrote. The link is in my signature. I now use Odoban for cleaning everything as it is used in hatcheries, hospitals, etc., and kills every disease known to man or chicken.
Yep. Odoban uses microbes to actually break down smells and I have put it to the test over the years doing floors. It's the best cleaner.

Yep. Odoban uses microbes to actually break down smells and I have put it to the test over the years doing floors. It's the best cleaner.
Plus it isn't caustic or corrosive like bleach. I clean my incubators with it and dip any purchased hatching eggs in it as well. You can use it to clean/sterilize anything, including fabrics and plastics which bleach couldn't or shouldn't be.

Odoban has way more chemicals than bleach; the safety data sheet looks like a list of chemicals- go to their website, choose the disinfectant then scroll down to the SDS sheet, then scroll up to the list of scents. It'll open in a PDF but my phone won't let me print or save it as a pic.

ETA that bleach is 97%-98.5% water and 1.5%-3% sodium hypochlorite.
It has 3 more than bleach with one being less than 1%, the fragrance.

Back
Top Bottom