Ya'll.... seriously right now?!?!

BastyPutt

Yes, your Polish is a cockerel...
May 9, 2020
Central Oregon
We are having our annual broody mama hatch off. Over 50 eggs being sat on right now by 6 mamas all over the property 🤣 literally like a box of chocolates with crazy mixes of breeds.

And would you look at this! A speckled Sussex Roo x a red turken - hatched by a mottled Java 🤔

let's see what's next!
IMG_8102.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_8101.jpeg
    IMG_8101.jpeg
    485.9 KB · Views: 3
That's quite a pedigree for your little one!
It certainly is! I'll tell you what, we have had a lot of mamas over the years, but this MJ is incredible. We have another broody who is kicking every chick she hatches out of the nest and this MJ is taking them all in.

Never had one before but she is a keeper.

It seems like end of May/ early June I always just have an explosion of broodies. Right now I have 3 seramas broody, but after one hatched a chick and murdered it I put all the rest of their eggs in the incubator. My oldest hen Yokie Jr is an 8 year old Yokohama/wyandotte/austrolorp cross, and she goes broody at LEAST twice a year. She was my first ever hen to hatch out her own chicks 3 years ago, and since then I've been letting her hatch every year since she's such a good mom. I also have an EE broody right now.

Back
Top Bottom