GSD lovers - what's your favorite coat color?

gritsar

Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!
14 Years
Nov 9, 2007
SW Arkansas
Growing up we had a female black and tan GSD. I thought she was the most beautiful dog in the world.

Then we got Jax, a sable, and I think he's the most beautiful dog in the world.

The new pup is a bi-colour and in looking at pics of bi-colours I think they are most beautiful.

Maybe it's the fact that it's a GSD and not the color that I love?

I found this link with nice illustrations:

http://www.shawlein.com/The_Standard/07_Colour_&_Pigment/Colour_&_Pigment.html

I think they are all so pretty. GSD is my hubbys favorite dog.. he had them growing up.

I actually prefer my coats be made out of leather, not GSD. But to each her own.
roll.png

Impishly- OH! is that not what you mean?

I think Jax is beautiful, but really have no preference.

Last edited:
My favorite is the Long haired Sables and the solid whites...
The bi-colors and the solid blacks are stunning but not my first pick.

So I can't choose just one. LMAO
The dark blues, not the diluted, are gorgeous although they are not supposed to be bred or produced. I saw 2 of them long time ago and Wow!

Thankfully I have a thing for working lines because I just don't want a saddle back.
smile.png

Quote:
Well now we're getting a little more into breeding lines aren't we?
wink.png

I seriously dislike the extreme slooping back of the american lines. Give me a good solid dog that doesn't appear weak in the hips any day.
smile.png

Last edited:
Quote:
Not boring at all. It's interesting to see what appeals to different people.
smile.png

We all do have different ideas. Obviously or there wouldn't be so many different kinds of dogs.
smile.png

I have had the American showline black and tans. He was a great dog until he passed 3 years ago. But when it comes to picking out what I want it just isn't it. And I have two sables and a melanistic now. It would really be interesting to see if my melanistic was just a really deep bi-color. She only has a faint tan between her toes and a red hue on her back when the sun hits it just right. If you just look at her you would think she was solid black.

Another big chat is coat length. Some say the long is more approachable/calm than the stock. I have never seen a Mole coat.
But that is getting really off topic. lol

Back
Top Bottom