GSD lovers - what's your favorite coat color?

I would give nearly anything to have another dog like this one.
knight_1.jpg

Marko's Knight vom Gremlynn, SchH1, TT, an absolute awesome dog. I had this dog for about 11 years
before having to put him down.

While I have a grandpup of his who is sable and do see some of the same character, his isn't
his grandsire.

I prefer the dark dogs and the working lines as well. I want a male that looks like a male and female that looks like
a female. I want solid temperment and correct conformation.

My few visits to watch an AKC GSD show, left a bad taste in my mouth. I thought I was watching a female class
until I saw undercarriage on the winning dog. Very femine(sp?) looking and ski slope back. YUCK.

When my current number of dogs go down, I will ge on the hunt for another black or sable GERMAN shepherd dog. But I am afraid that will be awhile as the dogs I have now still have many years left in them.

Nessel is a blanket back.

Back at the club I went to in Germany they had the SV books dating way back when. Those were some very interesting books to look through. I would love to get my hands on some one of these days but it will be very hard from here! lol

I agree that to many "boys" looks like girls in the American ring. But that again gets into different breed lines.

GSD's - love 'em love 'em love 'em! Cream of the crop, IMO. Gotta say I like the black and silvers, and solid black is just striking. But really, any well-made dog will look beautiful no matter the color.

This guy was on Petfinder in our area a while ago. His name was Kodee. Very sharp, WOW! I really wish we could afford another dog but can't at the moment.
sad.png

19857_kodee_gsd.jpg

Quote:
I don't think there's a color that I don't like. I love Jax's sable coat. I'm excited to see how the new puppy turns out, but the breeder is very confident that he will be a black bi-color.

Quote:
Beautiful
love.gif
We used to put that arby hat on Sampson.
gig.gif
He wore it with pride. We haven't tried with Sophie yet. She's more interested to see if it tastes good, and she can shred it into the smallest pieces possible.
hmm.png
She ate the top of her black kong the other day. Had it shredded into tiny black pieces.

One of my favorite pics of Sampson.

26177_sampson.jpg
We miss him terribly still.

and Sophie a few months ago. She is also related. Her dam is one of Sam's siblings. She's a lot lighter now, but have to get pics uploaded.

26177_the_new_flock_240.jpg

She is a chewing machine. If she can try to chew on it she will.

Bluemoon

Bluemoon, Jax is a chewing machine too; thankfully only of his toys.
He's not interested in his black kong, unless it has peanut butter in it.
His favorite toy bar none is his "best ball". He will chase it for hours although it's pretty noisy when he chases it inside.
Oh and the firehouse "virtually indestructable" toys? The makers never met a GSD obviously.

Quote:
Yep, she's managed to destroy most toys that say indesctructible. We know better than to leave her with them unsupervised. We actually time how long it takes her.
gig.gif

She LOVES her kong. Her other favorite toy she has not managed to destroy is called a food cube. She LOVES that toy, and sometimes can't contain her excitement when she sees me pull it out.
gig.gif
Give it to me NOW, Please? Please?

We used to have blanket or carpet in her crate, but nope she wanted to eat that also. So for now it's just the plastic bottom.
hmm.png

Bluemoon

Back
Top Bottom