GSD lovers - what's your favorite coat color?

My DH likes black and sable like our Sampson was. I prefer the black and tan or even silver. Like Rin Tin Tin.
I like the saddle backs. Our male had a larger saddle. Our female who is 7 months now will be much lighter in color. She will have a smaller saddle then Sampson did.
I also prefer the straighter backs then the american lines have. Those sloped backs just don't look right to me. Our GSD's are descendents of Nessel V Haus Antverpa. ( Sire side )

http://www.pedigreedatabase.com/gsd/pedigree/42049.html That's a pic of Nessel. That's what our Sampson looked like. Nessel was his great grandfather.

Bluemoon

Quote:
So true.
smile.png

All of my GSDs have been a rich black and tan or a rich bicolor. Pure black lacks expression to me. I think they need the tan in order to have that wonderful look that melts your heart, and the rich bicolor is about as close to perfect as you can get. Thing is, in puppies, they may start out looking like they're gonna be a rich bicolor but after they shed out a time or two, you've actually got a rich black and tan. I've just never been partial to sable or black and silver, but the rich bi-color just grabs my heartstrings! Just don't get me started on the sloping back--! I watched Westminster one year when the GSD who made group looked malformed and his hind leg movement reminded me for all the world of a kid peddling a tricycle. UGH! Give me a true working dog every time!

love.gif

Rusty

Last edited:
Quote:
Kind of like being used to watching Stock Horses and then go to a show where they have Gaited Breeds, looks really odd.......

Quote:
Beautiful dog. We just started searching thru the pedigeedatabase yesterday.

ETA: This Jax and Kane's paternal grandsire:

http://www.pedigreedatabase.com/gsd/pedigree/405593.html

Xuck is a big boy. lol

I like looking thru the pedigree database. Our breeder actually has more in depth records from Europe, but they are more traceable now thanks to the internet. It's a wonderful thing!

Bluemoon

Quote:
Yep, Xuck is big lol. At the visit to the breeders the other day Mr. Breeder kept reminding us that Jax is still "puppy-sized". Uh yeah, okay.
lol.png

I too like the database. Must find time to sit down and go through it some more.

Back
Top Bottom