Ameraucana x RIR

If the dad is the “Ameraucana” and they both have the same dad they are both actually EE x RIR otherwise there is no way your one girl could have a single comb. 😁
Poorly bred or hatchery ameraucanas (the actual ones, not the mislabeled “americana” ones) can have one copy of the single comb gene, so it isn’t impossible to get single comb offspring.

I
If the dad is the “Ameraucana” and they both have the same dad they are both actually EE x RIR otherwise there is no way your one girl could have a single comb. 😁
just read the thread on the difference between EE's and Ameraucana and I totally agree with you. Although the dad looks much like a Ameraucana, I read that Ameraucanas lay BLUE eggs - my mixes lay greener eggs!- thank you so much for helping me figure out the difference! I'm only 15 and am trying to learn as much about chickens as possible
✨🤗💚

I

just read the thread on the difference between EE's and Ameraucana and I totally agree with you. Although the dad looks much like a Ameraucana, I read that Ameraucanas lay BLUE eggs - my mixes lay greener eggs!- thank you so much for helping me figure out the difference! I'm only 15 and am trying to learn as much about chickens as possible
✨🤗💚
I could still do with pictures of the dad if you can! I have an obsession when it comes to Ameraucanas and Easter Eggers. :lol:

They would have been mixed at some point though. Otherwise how do they have only one copy of the pea comb gene?
Chicken breeds were all mixed at some point. I’m not sure how the recessive traits hang on for so long, but it is not unheard of. Keep in mind that new varieties usually require other breeds to be mixed in, adding a bunch of new recessive traits.
I

✨🤗💚
Ameraucana mixes can lay green eggs. It’s the ameraucanas themselves that should lay blue ones. I’m not saying your’s isn’t an Easter egger, though, since EEs do often have the blue egg gene.

yes of course! I will get the photos of him off my mum's phone as soon as she wakes up, he's a handsome boi named " Fuego"
Here we go I was able to dig up a few photos of the dad and a pic of the mom! pictures of vawesomeness 011.JPG pictures of vawesomeness 067.JPG
657.JPG

Back
Top Bottom