Ameraucana x RIR

Pics
This picture is over a month old but these are the 3rd generation mixes to my Wyandotte x EE group.

IMG_20211110_171346~2.jpg

I've introduced an OE into my flock as my male and he is a Marans x Ameraucana (i butchered that spelling, I can feel it) and I'm really excited to see what offspring he throws. He's a big boy and is taking ages to grow his tail feathers back after molt.

IMG_20211008_183757~2.jpg

I know this is an old thread but do you have updated pictures? 👀
Aloha! Sorry it took so long for me to get back to you! IMG_20211116_150149060_HDR.jpg
This is the more silver chick, I ended up selling her brother but I could probably dig up a photo if you like. I ended up crossing this girl back with her father, and surprisingly more orange came out in one of the chicks from that generation.

IMG_20211116_150316714_HDR.jpg

This is her baby, named muffin. Since muffins mom is one quarter EE one quarter RIR and half Silver Laced Orpington, that would make this baby one eighth EE, on eighth RIR, and three quarters Silver Laced Orpington, yet the orange still showed through. 😁

Aloha! Sorry it took so long for me to get back to you! View attachment 2939804
This is the more silver chick, I ended up selling her brother but I could probably dig up a photo if you like. I ended up crossing this girl back with her father, and surprisingly more orange came out in one of the chicks from that generation.

View attachment 2939805
This is her baby, named muffin. Since muffins mom is one quarter EE one quarter RIR and half Silver Laced Orpington, that would make this baby one eighth EE, on eighth RIR, and three quarters Silver Laced Orpington, yet the orange still showed through. 😁

She is absolutely beautiful!! Her baby looks interesting too. I love seeing mixes and what they make ❤️ genetics are so fun to play with.

Aloha! Sorry it took so long for me to get back to you! View attachment 2939804

View attachment 2939805
I would love to see her brother!

Back
Top Bottom