~* 4th annual Cinco de Mayo Turkey/Chicken hatchathon! *~

No chicks for me for this hatch.
sad.png
The two Red Orpington eggs that made it to lockdown never pipped. I took them out last night, after candling. One looked like it had quit late, the other was fully developed but never pipped through the membrane into the air pocket. So sad!
hit.gif
But I just put another 11 Red Orpington eggs in the incubator this morning, so praying for a better hatch from these!
fl.gif

The Midget White Turkeys are in their 3rd week of incubation - I have 17 left that look good so far.
thumbsup.gif
They are due to hatch on the 18th.

Congrats to those who have new chicks and poults!
clap.gif

Sorry about your hatch. Good luck with the Midget whites and all your hatching!

My two surviving Bourbon red poults have hatched and are in the brooder! That one looks like it's truely enjoying being out of the shell lol. I have an almost 4 week old chick in with them to teach them to eat and drink. Is it like monkey see, monkey do?

^ Grats on the duo!

5/6 barnyard mixes hatched yesterday, like day 20.5. Nothing from any other breed which bummed me out. Today I got home from work to see one Hedemora pip and one Isbar pip. Then, while puttering outside another Hedemora pipped. Not much visible action yet but I know it's hard work for them to chisel through the various layers. I was giving the first Hedemora a periodic pep talk and it peeped back.
ya.gif

The last of the ducks hatched today. I ended up with 3 moulards, 5 khaki Campbells, and a lone pheasant - the other chick pipped internally but not externally. Had one do the same thing last year. One breech pip, hatched with an assist. Another assist where the baby unzipped 3/4 of the way, then rotated internally into a breech position. Both were moulards. I had babies hatch the day before and the day after cinco de mayo. None exactly on the 5th!

Time to break down and disinfect the hatcher... Next lockdown in 5 days!!!

I was a few day late setting, but it looks like I should get a good hatch. 9 Sweetgrass turkey eggs, one is out and the rest are pipped. My guinea eggs are under my little ohiki silkie cross broody hen, I haven't heard any peeping yet, they shoud be due tomorrow.:)

Back
Top Bottom