~* 4th annual Cinco de Mayo Turkey/Chicken hatchathon! *~

I had a total of 12 chicks hatch & survive between the 5th-7th. I had to cull 2 more that broke their yolks during hatch & had intestines protruding. 4 or 5 more pipped & drowned. I am no longer adding any water to my cabinet bator, even during hatch. I was told it was needed. Obviously it is not. Ohio is much too humid this time of year.

I had a total of 12 chicks hatch & survive between the 5th-7th. I had to cull 2 more that broke their yolks during hatch & had intestines protruding. 4 or 5 more pipped & drowned. I am no longer adding any water to my cabinet bator, even during hatch. I was told it was needed. Obviously it is not. Ohio is much too humid this time of year.
you bought a cabinet I see! I have been incubating dry and only adding water after they pip.

you bought a cabinet I see! I have been incubating dry and only adding water after they pip.

I got an ancient Leahy Redwood from a fellow BYCer near Huntington, WV. 6 hour round trip to go get it right before Easter. It was a steal at $200!! I love it. Just have to work out the kinks. My aunt has a smaller cabinet she's swapping me for a couple bbw turkeys. Gonna see if she can bring it to the gathering at my grandparents' this Sunday. She'll get her turkeys this fall.

The two zippers are out and I think I might get one more duckling from a white egg that's internally pipped. And surprise a late cochin bantam =) I was thinking about taking those out of the Hatcher but I'll wait and see a bit longer now who knows=)

good morning tiny oegb

Back
Top Bottom