~* 4th annual Cinco de Mayo Turkey/Chicken hatchathon! *~

Manningjw

Crowing
11 Years
Oct 5, 2011
Shoreline, Washington
Seeing that there has not yet been a thread started, lets get to it! I have yet to miss a Cinco de Mayo Hatchathon since my very first hatch and I don't plan to start now. Set date for chickens in April 14th!

All poultry are welcome! I plan to hatch chickens myself. In years past many people have joined in with Turkeys for thanksgiving. Below is the table that was created by Chookschick in her previous thread which can be found here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...e-mayo-turkey-hatch-athon-all-poultry-welcome

Fowl

Days of Incubation

Set Date

Stop Turning At Day

Hatch Date

Turkey

7-Apr

Day 25

5-May
Chicken

14-Apr

Day 18

5-May
Duck

7-Apr

Day 25

5-May
Duck (Muscovy)

30-Mar

Day 31

5-May
Goose

3-Apr

Day 25

5-May
Guinea Fowl

7-Apr

Day 25

5-May
Peafowl

6-Apr

Day 25

5-May
Pheasant

10-Apr

Day 21

5-May
Quail

12-Apr

Day 20

5-May
Coturnix Quail

18-Apr

Day 15

5-May
Chukar

12-Apr

Day 20

5-May

Feel free to join in with whichever poultry interests you and post plenty of pictures! If Chookschick decides posts her annual thread I would be happy to lock this one. I just don't want to miss out on the opportunity to have others join in on the fun by not having a thread!

Here is a picture of my first ever chicken hatched during the 2nd annual hatchathon, we have affectionately named her 'Grandma' because she has since hatched several clutches of chicks herself.

Last edited:
Welcome Jesshan8, hoping to gather more people as we get closer to the set date, approximately 1 month away from setting eggs. I will have to dig out the incubator and run it for a while to make sure it is ready for the set date.

Welcome Jesshan8, hoping to gather more people as we get closer to the set date, approximately 1 month away from setting eggs. I will have to dig out the incubator and run it for a while to make sure it is ready for the set date.
How many were you planning on setting? I am looking locally for buyers now. No takers as of yet but I plan to set somewhere around 40ish.

How many were you planning on setting? I am looking locally for buyers now. No takers as of yet but I plan to set somewhere around 40ish.

I am planning to set about 15 shipped eggs, and as many as my brown egg laying hen will give me within 10 days prior to setting, so likely around 21 eggs or so.

I might also set some more eggs out of stock I don't plan to keep but still deciding.

Quote: Nice! I had some wild toms try and come on my property yesterday and my toms went at them in force and chased them off. I was worried they were going to follow them but they chased and scrapped with them for a min and when the wild ones left they all came marching back up to the coop.

Nice, I was hoping for a HAL to join! Got my first turkey egg of the season from my trio of sweetgrass turkeys yesterday. They should be in full laying mode soon for the HAL. So I can start saving them up.

Back
Top Bottom