Sing Brightly
Project Manager
Premium Feather Member
8 Years
Aug 1, 2015
Europe
My Coop
My Coop
All eggs set to hatch 3/20 though 4/9 count!
Come join us!

15th Easter HAL - 2024.png

2024 Easter Set Dates_2.png

15th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-Along

It's that time again! Every year, many members from all over the world come together to set eggs to hatch on the exact same day, March 30th, 2024 - the day BEFORE Easter. As a group last year, we had 2443 eggs set for hatching! If you are new to hatching, this is a great way to get a lot of help, tips, and advice. Join in the fun for the largest BYC Hatch-Along of the year!

Type of EggDays to HatchSet Dates
Emu49 - 55February 4 to February 10
Muscovy duck35February 24
Goose28 - 32February 27 to March 2
Pheasant22 - 29March 1 to March 8
Mallard (derived) duck, goose,28March 2
Turkey, Guinea, Peafowl28March 2
Call duck and other bantam ducks26March 4
Bobwhite quail23March 7
Seramas other small bantams19 - 21March 9 to March 11
Chickens21March 9
Pigeons17 - 19March 11 to March 13
Coturnix quail18March 12
Doves14 - 16March 14 to March 16
Button quail16March 14

Set Chicken eggs on Saturday, March 9th, at Noon (whatever time zone you are in). Other poultry set dates are listed in the spoiler & table above. To join the hatch-along, simply post in this thread that you wish to enter, and we will add you! Set dates for each type of domestic fowl are listed above.

This is our main chat thread for the hatch-along, where you can find anything from new friends, and awesome incubation help, to the most detailed educational discussions possible, and how could we forget the laughter and fun!

This post of the hatch-along will be updated as we move along with all the important information you will need, but if you find yourself with a question, just post it on the thread, everyone is helpful!

All of the contests are held in separate threads. To enter each contest, you must visit each contest thread, read the rules, and enter the contest.

If you end up not setting any eggs, please let us know! It makes it easier for our record-keeping and we don't have to try to track you down!

Places to find hatching eggs:

Incubation, Hatching, & Baby Chick Threads

Educational hatching articles:

All of the contests are held in separate threads. To enter each contest you must visit each contest thread, read the rules, and enter the contest. Check back here daily for links to the contests.

15th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-Along Contests
2024  EHAL Contests.png

Click on a picture to enter the contest!
⬇️ ⬇️ ⬇️
2023 Cutest baby fowl photo contest.png
Brinsea.png
Cutest Baby Fowl Photo Contest

2023 Hatching Fowl Photo Contest.png
Hatching Chick Photo Contest

Easter_Guess_Set.jpg
Guess How Many Eggs Will Be Set!

Easter_Shipped.jpg
Farthest Shipped Eggs!

These contests are brought to you by our BYC Sponsors
(click to view & support them)

The hatch-along is open to all BYC members.
All contest prizes are limited to one per person per contest.
All BYC rules apply: Terms of Service (Rules).

Last edited by a moderator:
How exciting, I will be setting some Muscovy eggs for sure.
No peafowl? :pop

I will for sure set some color genetically matched up silkies and see what we get! :celebrate
Wow, sounds like a fun project!

I'll just be following along, would love to participate but my parents already said I can't hatch any more birds :(

Can't wait to see all the chicks!
That's a bummer. I'll be just following as well, I think my landlord would sacrifice me to the seagulls if I got chickens. :oops:

Super exciting! I've been making plans to have serama chicks hatch a few days before Easter Day, but that's in May, so I'll just cheer along for this one
Anything plus or minus a week will count for the hatch along.

Put me in as a probably! March is early to hatch chicks in upstate with the wonky weather! If I can’t find a home for my chicks, I’ll post to remove me!
Good luck lining up a home for them! :fl

I’ll try to do this! Sounds fun! If I do decide to hatch Easter babies, y’all be ready for some tiny bantams! About 6 different colored silkies, brown red mottled D’Uccles, Fawn/silver OEGB, Millie Fleur D’Uccles, 2-3 different colored Japanese, mixed bantams and any other crosses I decided to do.
That's a fun variety. Welcome!

Back
Top Bottom