Your 2024 Garden

Holes for the plants punched with a 7/8" dowel. No bending.
1713988280622.png

We were about a third done when it got dark last night. Hoping to be done tonight. We only plant in the cool of the day when it is plants going in the ground. Seed any time we can get them into well prepared soil. At least 2 rows of okra and 2 rows of Roma II beans going in in the next hour. 100' rows. I'll make the furrows to drop the seed in with a push plow and use a gadget I made out of 1/2's PVC pipe to drop the seed down into the furrow with out having to bend. The only bean I'll have to crawl along and plant are the Fordhook Lima beans. They should have the eye facing down to make those big leaves have a better chance of coming up if we get a hard rain before they germinate.

Forgot I had this on my camera. Here's the raised beds prepped and ready for spring planting (I usually start mid-March).

View attachment 3761163

Turns out I had a lot more chicken run compost than I thought, I ended up putting 8-9 buckets into each bed and there's still a bit leftover for potted plants or flower beds. 👍
Those beds look glorious 👍🏻🙏 :frow

Will the sweet potatoes find enough moisture under the plastic, or do you have a watering method in mind?
Water is no problem with a 2 gallon per hour drip emitter at each plant. Using the ones that are inserted on top of the poly tubing so any sand coming from the deep well will remain in the bottom of the poly tubing. With these running for half an hour at each station at night virtually no well water wasted.
https://www.lowes.com/pd/Orbit-10-Pack-2-GPH-Drip-Spray-Drip-Irrigation-Dripper/3132699 Using the same on tomato plants that really don't like leaves wet if possible. Can't control the rain but sprinklers don't have to wet them.

Back
Top Bottom