What color are your Cornish Crosses legs?? McMurray failed! Rant...

Quote:
No, we ordered the Jumbo Cornish mixes, all roos. That is what they have on their order form, also. They verified it. We paid more for all roos so they would be larger at processing time. Now, I've got all these roos that are too small to do anything with!
he.gif

Right now, we're trying to figure out what to do with the credit. I'm not going to waste time on more broilers that may, or may not be the correct thing.

Shelly

Just a suggestion.....You might try selling them on Craigslist. They might fit the bill for someone else, otherwise you're going to have to settle with them.

You could even sell the credit for next year's crop. People will continue to order from them, so pass the credit on....

So sorry for all the frustration....I've had my share also....BUT, life goes on and we keep trying to do the right thing.

Hugs,
Carol Ann:weee:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup

I think I would send out a email. Make sure they know this is your first time and that is why you had no idea they were not meat birds until now. The person on the phone hangs up and it is forgotten. A email might get passed up the line and you may get a better response. McMurray is such a large hatchery and I think it was a person error but they should make it right.

Your roosters might make nice BBQ chickens like for beer butt chicken or for chicken soup this winter. Even on Craigs list at least for the roo's you probably are not going to get your money out of them so why not eat them. Sell any hens. I have ordered my laying hens various breeds from them but their broilers are expensive compared to the hatchery I use.

Good luck and I understand your frustation. Although I love my chickens and we do between 100-200 meaties a year they are more of a chore for me because they are for food. My hens on the other hand are my pets and I gladly trudge out there through snow drifts or thunderstorms to feed, water and talk to them (they don't talk back and they think I am the best person around).

fasbendera-Your chickens don't talk back???
th.gif
Mine do! And they let me know when I am late with the treats! LOL! I will have to say that I am a little glad one of them isn't a meatie. He's so sweet. He runs to me every time I'm outside and wants me to carry him around. He might be a keeper. Don't know what I will do with him, though.
idunno.gif

Brockmc-I hadn't thought of the idea of selling the credit. I'm going to have to think about that, now.

Thanks for the support. We feel like idiots for not knowing they weren't meat birds! We just thought we were doing something wrong because they weren't as big as other people's meaties.
hide.gif

I'm thinking pure Cornish next time.

Shelly

Well....instead of giving us the credit, they decided to refund the credit card, and not for the full amount!!!
barnie.gif
They charged us shipping and didn't refund the full purchase price! What the heck?!?

Shelly

I think I would be either on the phone right away and talk to a manager or supervisor, or do like the someone else suggested and send an email. Maybe do both!

That just isn't right. They should refund you the full price! Unless they are doing a partial refund and a credit?

Very poor customer service.
sad.png

Last edited:
My friend that I split the order with talked with the owner (or that's who he said he was) and they have graciously offered us a 20% discount off of our next order with them.
smack.gif
I DON'T THINK SO!!! Still waiting to hear from them about refunding the FULL amount.
somad.gif

Shelly

I would suggest placing the charge for your order "in dispute" with your charge card company. Assuming you've maintained a good relationship with them, they will work with you with the understanding consumers like yourself have, at times, legitimate complaints. You will need some kind of documentation that McMurry admits the mistake was theirs to justify your claim. If you can validate the mistake, your credit company will revoke the charge from McMurry and place the amount into a suspense account until the issue is resolved. McMurry will then have to explain to your charge card company why they are not providing you will a full refund. And the charge card people are not dumb and quite capable of cutting through the bs real fast. If you can relax, take a deep breath, and explain it in a reasonable sequence of events you should have no problem and obtain a full refund.

Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Radonahue,
I emailed the company about the over site and before I dispute it I was going to see if they would fix it or respond.

As Shelly stated in an earlier post, I did talk with the owner (supposed) and he really did not seem to care if we bought from them again.
he.gif
I do not understand this thinking. I practically had to beg to get the 20% off on the next order. It is very frustrating and I am wondering what ever happen to customer satisfaction?
idunno.gif

Stephenie

I also posted a review of McMurray on the gardening sites I use, since most of them have chicken/farm areas, too. This is just ridiculous. I did find on one of my sites that they have had 6 negative reviews in the past 6 months. I wonder if management or something changed this year?

Shelly

Back
Top Bottom