What color are your Cornish Crosses legs?? McMurray failed! Rant...

Yellow, but one did have pale, almost white, legs and feet...

Cornish Rocks
10133_img_6139.jpg

Is it possible that you could have just got a lot of runts???

I know this batch i got now came from MM and they are 7 weeks old. They range is weight form 7.5 lbs- 5 lbs they are all going to be butched this weekend

I ate one of the small one about week ago to see what it would taste like and it was the best chicken i have ever ate i think.

sam208

Quote:
An entire batch of runts?? Ours are 7 weeks old today and not one is over 3 pounds. Also, we ordered all roos, and I am thinking over half of them are females.
barnie.gif

We've sent the pics to the hatchery, waiting to hear back. Even if they send new ones, we're out all the cost of food, plus the time...this is really discouraging.
sad.png

The hatchery said they should be a lot bigger with yellow legs.

Shelly

Same one yours did.
wink.png
We're waiting to hear back. I guess right now we're just trying to figure out if it's worth it to get a new batch.
hu.gif
I've invested a lot of time, effort, and money into these...now I don't know what they are or what to do with them!
barnie.gif

We must have ordered the same time. Ours arrived on August 27th.

Shelly

Ok...they said they were the pearl leghorns.
barnie.gif
So, not only were we overloading them on protein, they were the wrong freaking birds! We're out all the food and time, and they say they will give us a credit for next year. Plus...we paid extra for roos, and there are some pullets in there!
he.gif

Not sure what to do, now. Very frustrating!

Shelly

Soup and chicken broth. But wait so see what sex they are. If you have pullets you can always sell them to someone who wants laying chickens. They are really good layers.

Back
Top Bottom