At least i know now what i am up against, looks like another large male 'coon:
animated.png

Get a racoon killing dog, worked for me.

Yeah I don't have to worry about raccoons, my dogs hate "varmints" with the fiery passion of a thousand suns. They aren't safe loose around the chickens because they'd just as soon kill and eat them, but at least I don't have to worry about the dogs letting coons, skunks, and possums around the coop/run.

I would recommend a hand trap for a coon, bait it with marshmallow. The nice thing is that nothing can accidentally step on it. I had a problem just like yours and caught 3 coons in 2 nights with 2 traps. Worked like a dream.
Had the idea too, especially because those traps are much more affordable than the cage traps i use now. But how do i get the 'coon out of a hand trap without being shred to pieces? I don't own any firearms…

Ugh I hope you get that sucker! Before I had ducks I thought I liked raccoons but boy have things changed. Last summer I was chased by a rabid coon on the C&O Canal where I take my walks. I was scared to death. That is a big one @WannaBeHillBilly
I used to like squirrels when i lived in Houston, until my pear tree started to carry fruits - from then on it was an open war… Racoons were always scary to me, they have fangs and claws and carry scary diseases like rabies.

Had the idea too, especially because those traps are much more affordable than the cage traps i use now. But how do i get the 'coon out of a hand trap without being shred to pieces? I don't own any firearms…
Oh, than they wont work as the animal has to be dead to get it out of the trap. What are you planning on doing with the coon if you do catch it?

Back
Top Bottom