Addict
Premium Feather Member
5 Years
Sep 2, 2018
Big Chimney, WV
My Coop
My Coop
We have another racoon lurking around!
My wife told me that something scared the poop out of the ducks last night (looking at the duck house's floor i can confirm that ;)) and i discovered today that something has chewed through five layers of construction grade tarp and got into the duck's food storage, ½bag is spoiled and eaten.
So far Mr. Duck-Killer hasn't made it into the duck-house, but he unsuccessfully tried to rip off the chicken wire in one corner. - If he tries again tonight, he will become the »brightest« 'coon in West Virginia! This baby is hooked up to three wires around the house and the chicken wire itself is connected to the other end and the ground… 10KV made me jump like a teenager and now i have a blister on my elbow!
If its going back to the duck food, there is a piece of chicken wire under the first layer of tarp, hooked up to the other neon-transformer - just 3,000 Volts but straight into the mouth - ouch!
Also the 'coon trap is set with a last supper and my free-diving-school has laid out application forms…
Come coon, come…

We have a huge coon getting into our Mr rubbish container, most likely due to chicken smelling bedding in there (didn't have an issue before we got our first chicks). I'm dreading putting my babies out all night for the first time.
We had to buy an (expensive) trashcan with a lid lock because of the »trash pandas« here. They ripped apart our standard trash-can!

Back
Top Bottom