The IMPORTED ENGLISH Orpington Thread

Yes, thank you Julie! These are stunning birds. The GL is an eyepopper, and I think Minerva is one of the most beautiful birds I have ever seen.

My Charlie Blue I raised up from Julie's auction eggs.

000_0712.jpg

Some of his sisters.

000_0715.jpg

Some of his offspring.

000_0920.jpg

000_0837.jpg

000_0832.jpg

Next time some of Joy's that I have raised up.

It's so cool seeing all these English Orps on a thread here in the US. I know the buff and gl aren't from here in the US, but soon... That Buff Orp is just gorgeous, isn't he? And that GL is beautiful also. Would LOVE to have some of those. How awesome would it be seeing all these different color English Orps walking around our chicken yards?? Pretty awesome, I would think. So Julie, you have pullets from Lizzie and Charlie? So sad that she passed that way. I know you just had to be sick. So sorry. But Minerva sure is a beauty also. I recently emailed Joy a couple of pics of your girls that I took at Ohio Nationals last year. They were the ones you were showing, and I'm thinking one of them was Minerva. I remember knowing when I took them that they had to be your birds. They were just beautiful! Still sorry that I didn't get to meet up with you while I was there.
Sandy, you've got some gorgeous birds. I still love that girl in the third pic. She's my favorite. But that Splash is pretty nice also.
love.gif

Joy, that last pic of Octavia is beautiful. When I first looked at them, it was on my phone. When I got home and looked again on the computer, I was like
ep.gif
. She really is a beauty! Can't wait to see her all grown up. I really love blues, but there's just something about a good black. It's a beautiful sight. She's going to be one.

Keep the English Orp pics coming guys! Can't get enough of them...

Here are just a few of my Joy Orps. I was so disappointed with the last ones that I took, so had to take a few more. Of course, pics still don't do them justice. I wasn't able to get them all, but I got a few. These range in age from 2-3 months.

JoyOrps.jpg

JoyOrps3.jpg

It was getting a little dark here, and I should have used my flash. The colors are kind of washed out.
JoyOrps4.jpg

This blue guy, you can't really tell, is really broad in the chest. I need to get a better pic of him. He's definitely one of my favorites. And the splash boy is quite a bit smaller than the others. Any chance he will hit a growth spurt, or will he be a small boy?

JoyOrps2.jpg

I think this is a girl. she is black and out of Joy's birds
001-2.jpg

This blue girl is a favorite of mine too. She is very English typey. they loved getting on the grass yesterday. I need to move them to a ground pen today. They have really grown.

Pullets from the fall last year.
031.jpg

006-3.jpg

it is just amazing how much they change each month as they grow and fill out.

Joy did I tell you that i am in love with Octavia. You can send her down anytime. Oh, my goodness. She is absolutely awesome.

I went out this morning while it was relatively cool to try and get some better pictures. Yesterday it was 108 real temp and 116 heat index....too hot to chase them around getting better pictures.

Here's my blue pullet from Joy She's about 16 weeks old
100_2002_final.jpg

100_2000_final.jpg

100_2004_final.jpg

One of the black pullets from Joy
100_2003_final.jpg

2 of the black pullets I hatched from eggs from my hens which are from eggs from Julie's Charlie. The roo was from Willie.
100_1997_final.jpg

100_1996_final.jpg

The youngest splash pullet from Julie's Charlie
100_1919_final.jpg

Beautiful All.
Paula I don't know about a growth spurt but i have few blues out of Charlie that are really a lot bigger than the others but some of the shorter ones are as broad as they are wide so I am keeping them for a few more months to just see what happens. I know I cull to early sometimes.

Paula I do have some Lizzies. I hated loosing her as she was so sweet and pretty. I had another pen of 8 that were about 2 1/2 months old that i was so excited about because I had moved Charlie over just Lizzie and two other very huge typey girls of his. We left town one morning at 11am and got back at 2 the next day and a dog had come into our yard and ripped the end out of the wire cage off the ground and I guess scared them all out and killed them. I was so sad for a while about that. That was last week. I still don't where the dog came from and have not seen it. Just tracks by the pen.

Like Joy said . It is hard to get a flock going with one hen that lays a while and then doesn't. I dont know how many eggs I set just from Lizzie and they were not fertile. She was not Charlies favorite at all. He was not hers either. Believe me it can make a difference.

I do plan to breed Charlie over some of the Winston pullets. This is his 3rd breeding season so I am only going to put small numbers in with him, like two or three at the most and then see what I can get. OF course i will put the best I have in too.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom