The IMPORTED ENGLISH Orpington Thread

OH MY !!! What gorgeous pictures and so many to look at !!! I won't get a thing done today.

Sandy - You keep taunting me wiht that one pullet. I'm making a trip to WV to steal a chicken !!

Julie - The splash girls - *sigh* You know that I am coveting them in a bad way. And Charlie is just so, so handsome and regal. The others aren't anything to sneeze at either !! I love the picture of the girls that were "pullets last year" - not sure which photo that is.

Katy - I think you 3 girls from me are really looking great. I love the light blue, but my favorite are the dark blues (I call them "charcoal" which I know is not correct, but that is what I call them). I espcially like picture 2 and 4. (I hope it cools down for you Katy - that is just absurd heat and unbearable, I'm sure). I hope your birds are faring well in that heat.

Paula - Thank you for posting some pictures of my grandchicks. That little blue boy is looking mighty fine and I love the blue girl in #3 and the black girl in #2.

And that GL?? To die for !!!

love.gif
love.gif
love.gif

Just incase I was not clear -
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif

Julie - the Tubby chicks (which is what my girls are) - how much English is in them? Just curious.

Joy - is it October yet??? Ok, I am just eager!

Yes, Paula I really like your cockerels. Can't wait for another month and see the development. I thought i would do a growth Chart of how Charlie grew out so like myself you can see the various stages. Sometimes I forget he wasn't always as beautiful as he is now except to me. I remember when he was young and I was showing pics of him on BYC and some folks were saying he is to dark, but you know he turned out just fine. One thing about Charlie is he never gets brassy ever. He must carry a silver gene that someone was telling me about. I am not great at genetics but Common Sense does help a lot with breeding.

Horsefeathers, Tubs was 1/2 and some of the girls the eggs came from were 1/2. he was in with about 10, some hen s and some pullets. I have 3 huge girls out of about 8 that I have kept for breeding this year. They are pure fluff and very large. I sold Tubby to a friend. Sold Big John too. I have kept two cockerels out of each of them to see if I want to use them this next year or another.

As Julie mentioned, Minerva is a 50% English girl that she so kindly sent me last year to breed to Winston. She also sent me Matilda. While Matilda is also a beauty and a sweetheart, she is just not the looker that Minerva is. Minerva and Winston are making some gorgeous babies, so I thought I would post a couple of pictures of Minerva and a photo of Matilda too. My little girl "Bluebell" is of Winston and Minerva.

Matilda (with Clementine)
ClementineandMatilda02-16-10.jpg

Here is a picture of WInston and Clementine's Daddy
Picture2876.jpg

Minerva
Minerva02-16-10.jpg

Minerva and Matilda (Minerva is in the front)
02-20-10.jpg

Minerva
Minerva03-10-10.jpg

Minerva
Minerva103-10-10.jpg

Minerva and Clementine (Minerva is in the back)
ClementineandMinerva03-10-10.jpg

Minerva
Minerva07-01-10-1.jpg

Last edited:
I love all the Orps and I know everybody is crazy about the Chocolate Orps - but this is my dream...can you imagine THESE running around in your yard???

Crele Orps from UK (Found photos on the internet - not my birds)

crele-orpington-cockerel.jpg

crele.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom