The IMPORTED ENGLISH Orpington Thread

OH, I love this thread. I just love the English Orps! Joy, those pictures are gorgeous! The 3rd picture of Clementine and the 4th one of Winston are my favorites. I can hardly wait to see how my chicks develop!
celebrate.gif

Katy, your birds are beautiful ! I especially love the blues. The lacing and fluff is just wonderful !

Joy, I'm glad to see this thread has been brought back.
thumbsup.gif

I have to say I absolutely cannot wait until I get my little blue bundles of joy!
tongue.png

That splash chick is precious, btw.
love.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Well... I'll have little black bundles of joy!
lol.png

I'm crossing my fingers for a blue or splash roo, that's my only real preference.

Last edited by a moderator:
That splash is just darling. so happy you got a splash.
I took a few pics this afternoon too. first I willpost a pic of a blue pullet that was Winston over Minerva. Minerva for anyone who doesn't know is a blue hen that won Best Variety as a pullet at the Ohio National last year. I sent her to Joy to breed to Winston. She has beautiful lacing and looks like her daughter does too.
068-1.jpg

I can't remember how old she for sure but I think four months

Next is black boy from Tubby he is very English typey. His comb and wattles are too large to suit me but can't part with him just yet. He is six months old.
077-2.jpg

078-2.jpg

In this next photo are 3 Winston/Minerva/and other hen I sent Joy 's offspring plus a few Charlies too
081-3.jpg

Next are some of Joy's Winston/her other blue and black hens offspring.
Love these splash. Sorry about their dirty breast feathers. With this hot weather they like to lay up on their water bowls and they soil their feathers when they go back to the feed
052-1.jpg

Some more photos of this group that hatched for me.
006-3.jpg

Love English type Orps.

This is a 3/4 english girl that is Charlie offspring. She is 3 months and has great lacing. She is looking good with size and type so far.
063-2.jpg

Three month old Charlie boy. I took this this afternoon
058-1.jpg

Same boy from the back
079-2.jpg

Here is Charlie his Dad
035.jpg

I don't know what is going on but I am having to go around my hand to get to my thumb so to speak to get on this thread. When I get on BYC and go to the Breeds forum this thread is not showing up for me. Joy had to email the link to me to get on and it is still like that. That seems so strange.

Anyway I am trying to show some of my English here.
This is Lizzie my English girl. I lost her to being eggbound the latter part of May. She a whole tube of backed up eggs and died on the nest trying to lay. I was very sad for me. She had always had a problem laying soft shell eggs at times from the time she started laying. I do have a few pullets from her hatched and they are still very young yet. They sure are lookers though.
028-1.jpg

This is Minerva at 7 months old
039.jpg

Two of my girls when they were pullets last year.
022.jpg

Joy this is a photo of a Gold laced pullet that was shown in Germany this past year. I understand from my English friend who was at the shown and took this photo that the Germans have the best GL Orps
gloGerman.jpg

Okay finally it is letting me see this thread when I connect with BYC. Strange.

Last edited:
An English friend of mine sent me this very nice Buff Orp cockerel. I love this photo. Thhis fellow looks like a basketball with a head in the middle of it. Love the tail angle
BuffCklRoyalWelsh-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom