My babies are being shipped tomorrow.

bobzant

Chirping
8 Years
Jul 6, 2011
Perry, IL
I'm so nervous! tomorrow my babies are being shipped to me from texas. should be here either wed or thurs. im already prepared for them with a pool for the brooder and pedialyte. lol i feel like an expectant mother.

Congrats!
jumpy.gif

The waiting is so stressful isn't it?

I hope you're not in one of the areas affected by the heat wave, but coming out of Texas they will be traveling through some of the hot territory no matter where you're located. I understand the excitement of waiting for shipped chicks to arrive in the mail but I honestly wish that hatcheries wouldn't ship this time of year - it is just too risky for the chicks. Is there any way you can contact the hatchery and ask them to delay until the weather cools a little?

Mine will be shipped out this week and they are from Ideal Hatchery. I know they will go thru heat waves but it's a chance I have to take.

Quote:
I too have some being shipped out tomorrow! I know how you feel, and this is my fifth time getting some shipped! What are you getting
big_smile.png

x2

Mine r shipping from Ideal in TX on wed! Silkies and Brahmas.
I am also nervous.... Its worse than waiting for my own baby! And I had some veeerrrryyy weird dreams about chickens and chicks last night! LOL
wee.gif

You have my sympathy. A bunch of us went through this process last week and we were nervous wrecks. Our worry was for nothing, but you can't help it at the time.

Even though it was really hot, most of us had no trouble with our shipped chicks. Mine are doing great, except I think they will have to go outside by the time they are two weeks old, at least during the day, if it stays this hot. My house is not air conditioned and they are getting too warm, even though they are only a week old.

Best of luck and try to sleep tonight. You'll need to be rested up so you can get up every hour on the hour to check on the chics the first night they are home.

Mine were shipped yesterday!!! They were supposed to be here today but no call from the post office yet!! But yes I understand how you feel!!! It is the most stressful thing ever!!

Back
Top Bottom