My babies are being shipped tomorrow.

Quote:
So happy they arrived safe and well!!
celebrate.gif

Quote:
Yes that is what they said. I imagine if the temp in the building gets higher then the incubators, then the incubators can't regulate. I am still trying to decide what to do. I won't be able to put them in with my others now, too far back in age. They were a risk before as those are 9 weeks old.
I am happy for everyone here who's babies did show up this week. Congrats to ALL!! I know you are all having fun.
smile.png

All of my ten pullet chicks from Ideal Hatchery arrived in great condition. However Sarah broody hen had other ideas and rejected all of them.
barnie.gif
barnie.gif
I am so mad at her! So I put them all in the basement in a plastic container and hopefully someone will buy at least half of them from me.

One is a buff
Two are white
Two are partridge which I think they are EEs
Five of them are black chicks, surely a few are Aussies and the one has solid black comb, not sure what it is but hopefully not Javas. Hoping they are Sex Links.

Quote:
Did you give them to her during the day or at night?
Most people on here give the chicks to the hen at night, the old bait and switch.
She might be more willing to accept them if you just tuck them under her quietly at night without destirbing her to much.
Maybe try giving her a couple at a time?????
Good luck

i ordered 7 from ideal and came home with 13! i dont have any pics cuz every time i try to load on it locks up the browser
idunno.gif

I lost one of the ones i ordered thismorning for an unknown reason.
hit.gif
the one i was worried about is finally up running around and chirping with the rest of them. i got 6 "packing peanuts" all the same kind but im not sure what kind that is. Sorry it took so long to get back to you guys, ive been stuck by the kiddie pool the chicks are in all this time
tongue2.gif

Back
Top Bottom