Chirping but no pip, problem or not? **UDATE* I have 3 chick

dipence71

Songster
11 Years
Apr 13, 2009
Murrayville, IL
I hear chirping but no pips yet. Is this a good thing or do I worry about it? Humidity dropped to 60. Do I open and add sponges with water? My water wells are all full I've been keeping them full with air tubing and a syringe.
bow.gif
barnie.gif
th.gif
hu.gif
fl.gif

Last edited:
I have the same issue i heared the call duck peeping and now nothing how long for it to hatch it was quiet yesturday and now today so i am not sure how long they take to hatch

DON"T OPEN IT FOR ANYTHING. 60% is pretty good, but 65% might be better. Can you squirt water in elsewhere? Even if it's just a little puddle on the bottom of the bator it'll up the humidity. Be careful to add just one squirt at a time and wait several minutes in between or the humidity might go too high. What day are you on? I'm on day 20 and hear chirping too!!!

They probably just haven't pipped externally yet, but if you hear chirping, you at least know they have begun the hatching process. Are you hatching in an egg carton? I ask because I heard chirping once, but didn't see a pip, then when I was cleaning out the bator, I found that one of the babies had pipped the wrong end of the egg, and died becuase it couldn't zip
sad.png

Sometimes you can hear the chirping because the pip is on the bottom side of the egg which you can't see. I wouldn't worry and don't open the bator. Keeping my fingers crossed you see a chick soon.
fl.gif
Once they start hatching the humidity will go up too. Good luck!

Quote:
No egg carton they are laying on the wire in the bator.

Then I wouldn't worry. There isn't anything to do but wait, opening now, would cause more problems. I bet you'll have a new baby in the next 24 hours, it's probably absorbing the yoke as we speak.

So, if I'm hearing peeping does that mean that there is a pip? I have my eggs in cartons with the pointed side down. The air cell is on top on all of them. I thought they pip where the air cell is?

Back
Top Bottom