Ameraucana x RIR

I have a rooster that is half EE and half Barred Rock.

img_1140788_2020_07_15_12_27_07_807.jpg

I hatched some of his offspring last year, but had to give away most of them because they were cockerels. This one's mother was a Brahma.

20201104_164155.jpg

This is Sally, my EE whose father was an Ameraucana barnyard mix and whose mother was a Light Sussex. She lays light green eggs, one of them can be seen on the lower right of my profile picture.

IMG_1577.JPG

I wish I knew what the father's ancestry was. I would like to make more EE with Sally's plumage, as buff, wheaten and blue wheaten Ameraucanas are super rare in my area.

Then there is Sally's half sister, Esmeralda. They share the same dad but she has a different mom, which I think was a blue copper Ameraucana barnyard mix. Esmeralda's neck and belly feathers are the only indication of her crossbred ancestry. Her eggs are almost olive; you can see one of them on on the right of my profile picture.

IMG_1600.JPG

(Please excuse Sally's soiled beard; she is a messy drinker and all attempts to teach her manners have failed.)

Awwww adorable, I love her!!! I have a buff/Ameraucana, spice. I have a few other mixes, two leghorn Ameraucana(one may be a barred rock Ameraucana though not sure lol) , and two other buff Ameraucanas but I can’t seem to find photos of them :(View attachment 2529226

Who are spice's parents? (Buff Orpington? Buff chantecler? Buff something else? Buff hen or rooster? What about the Ameraucana side? Blue, Black, Splash, wheaten, blue wheaten, red, white, silver, black ameraucana, hen or rooster?)

You have a very pretty hen! <3

Who are spice's parents? (Buff Orpington? Buff chantecler? Buff something else? Buff hen or rooster? What about the Ameraucana side? Blue, Black, Splash, wheaten, blue wheaten, red, white, silver, black ameraucana, hen or rooster?)

You have a very pretty hen! <3
Thank you! Buff Orpington hen and ameraucana rooster are her parents, this is him
ED675181-A672-48F5-8DC3-A5854A4D5BBE.jpeg

Thank you! Buff Orpington hen and ameraucana rooster are her parents, this is him View attachment 2549361

Your rooster looks like an EE... a sex-linked EE. I see some wyandote lacing on his chest, and he's got alot of gold leakage for a white-ish bird. Silver roo over gold hen, maybe? Or Splash roo over gold hen? I can't say for sure, but it's interesting to guess.

I like taking notes of all the chicken crosses I like, so that when I change my flock I can try out some of those mixes. Your spice lady would be one I'd like to eventually try, provided I can figure out how she came to be xD

Last edited:
Your rooster looks like an EE... a sex-linked EE. I see some wyandote lacing on his chest, and he's got alot of gold leakage for a white-ish bird. Silver roo over gold hen, maybe? Or Splash roo over gold hen? I can't say for sure, but it's interesting to guess. Thoughts, guys?

I like taking notes of all the chicken crosses I like, so that when I change my flock I can try out some of those mixes. Your spice lady would be one I'd like to eventually try, provided I can figure out how she came to be xD
Yeah, I didn’t pay too much attention to his looks when we got him, someone was getting rid of three roosters and said we could have whichever one we could catch lol. I wish I could tell you what he is but I’m also clueless. If you ever want I’d be more than happy to ship some of my buff eggs to you (that’s how I got spice) no guarantee they’d look the same but may be worth a shot :)

Yeah, I didn’t pay too much attention to his looks when we got him, someone was getting rid of three roosters and said we could have whichever one we could catch lol. I wish I could tell you what he is but I’m also clueless. If you ever want I’d be more than happy to ship some of my buff eggs to you (that’s how I got spice) no guarantee they’d look the same but may be worth a shot :)
I have no experience with my chinese incubator, so I don't want to risk shipped eggs just yet in case I botch the incubation. Thank you though for proposing!

Thank you! Buff Orpington hen and ameraucana rooster are her parents, this is him View attachment 2549361
Your rooster looks like an EE... a sex-linked EE. I see some wyandote lacing on his chest, and he's got alot of gold leakage for a white-ish bird. Silver roo over gold hen, maybe? Or Splash roo over gold hen? I can't say for sure, but it's interesting to guess.

He’s an Easter egger, most likely the result of an Easter egger x Easter egger cross. He does not appear to be sex-linked or have any wyandotte in him.

This is Sally, my EE whose father was an Ameraucana barnyard mix and whose mother was a Light Sussex. She lays light green eggs, one of them can be seen on the lower right of my profile picture.

View attachment 2549285

I wish I knew what the father's ancestry was. I would like to make more EE with Sally's plumage, as buff, wheaten and blue wheaten Ameraucanas are super rare in my area.

Then there is Sally's half sister, Esmeralda. They share the same dad but she has a different mom, which I think was a blue copper Ameraucana barnyard mix. Esmeralda's neck and belly feathers are the only indication of her crossbred ancestry. Her eggs are almost olive; you can see one of them on on the right of my profile picture.

View attachment 2549292

(Please excuse Sally's soiled beard; she is a messy drinker and all attempts to teach her manners have failed.)
Sally and Esmeralda are very pretty, as are their eggs 😍✨😍 Thanks for sharing!

Back
Top Bottom