Checking-In On Peeps - Post Here To Say Hello!

Pics
We have such a vibrant community here at BYC... tons of active friendly members. Of course, life gets busy, so I was thinking it would be fun to start a thread welcoming some of our peeps we haven't heard from in a while.

If that's you, come say hello and let us know what you've been up to. :)

(if that's not you, feel free to invite peeps you haven't seen in a while and say hi to those that post here)
SORRY... I'm alive. I'm a Realtor so my life gets a bit hectic at time. This time of year work picks up and getting the garden ready takes up alot of my time. I try and hang out with my girls everyday before they go to bed. It lowers my stress and calms my soul.
The girls are doing good and loving their life. They love roaming around the yard. They follow us around like little puppies. They go everywhere we go in the yard. I let them in my garden while I was redoing my raised beds and fencing. They helped me with composting and turning the dirt. They looked forward to getting in that garden everyday. Now my fence is up and the garden is planted and they are restricted to the rest of the acre. This site has been super helpful to me when I started with my chickens. I check in every now and then and try and read and catch up and especially try to help new people getting into chickens.

Oh hey! Wasn't expecting to get an email notification from here today. I was very confused why anyone would message me haha

I haven't been checking on this site in a while since well. I haven't had chickens in 3 years, and I'm definitely not in a place in life where I can have em. (Tho me and my family very much want to be able to again)
So I don't really have anything much to post about. I also stopped gathering new chicken info since I dont have a way to use it right now. I've kinda put my chicken obsession in general to the side. I also just kinda forgot about this site honestly.
I do still love chickens. And one day I'd love to have some again! And have everything set up for them better than before. And of course, make a thread here sharing the whole journey.

But I don't know when that will be. Still a lot of stuff that would need to get better. And I probably won't be very active here till that happens. Might be a year, might even be 10 years. (I hope not 10 years tho)

So yeah basically life's been funky, and chickens motivation is very low.
Anyway I think this thread is a really cool idea, and I hope you guys all have a good day!

We have such a vibrant community here at BYC... tons of active friendly members. Of course, life gets busy, so I was thinking it would be fun to start a thread welcoming some of our peeps we haven't heard from in a while.

(if that's not you, feel free to invite peeps you haven't seen in a while and say hi to those that post here)
Oh my goodness, it's been ages since I've visited this site! I'm glad I've been welcomed even though it's been, I think, years now.
In those years I've been taking in and taking care of my own little flock of chickens, taking in rescues and unwanted chickens who I very much love even though they only really want food from me.
To be honest, now that I've remembered that this site is a thing I'm very interested in getting involved back into this community! I love chickens so much, and although I'm busy with lots of things I think I'll be benefited from sharing my love of chickens with people alike.
I don't have many photos but I have one of one of my girls after a bath! She looks a bit pale in it but I assure you she's okay.

Attachments

• original_7fbd7cc3-8ca2-4155-9a2e-28f8e0e9c756_IMG_20221206_160105.jpg
    original_7fbd7cc3-8ca2-4155-9a2e-28f8e0e9c756_IMG_20221206_160105.jpg
    436.3 KB · Views: 0

Hello all! I've been so busy, i decided to open a rescue/ sanctuary for abused and neglected domestic animals and it's really starting to gain traction now. I rescue chickens, ducks, geese, mini pigs, horses and hopefully much more soon! We're on Facebook n insta n TT as Serenity in the Cypress if anyone is interested in seeing what I've been up to!

I haven’t been on in a long time! But I moved and have been helping my chickens adjust the past year. Also just got 8 more bringing my flock up to 12. Sadly one is a rooster and hasn’t suppose to be. I collect fancy chickens, they are more pets than anything else.
What kind of fancy chickens do you have?

Busy as always, it's spring! Spent the winter building a new henhouse so I can expand my organic egg flock. Also fenced in more pasture so I can rotate them to fresh grass as needed. Picked up this batch of assorted bantam chicks from the local feed store for the wife's "kitchen scraps" flock. In two weeks the egg layer chicks arrive from Jenks Hatchery. Hope everyone else is doing great!

Attachments

• IMG_20240425_124849838.jpg
    IMG_20240425_124849838.jpg
    544.4 KB · Views: 0
Thanks! Life has happened for me 😂 we grew our flock last fall when two hens went broody so I let them go. One stayed on one egg. The other hid 15. When we moved her from her spot she only had 9 left. Then when she hatched had 4 total. 2 new Roosters and then the rest hens. Oh this happened after getting 6 new chicks from tractor supply😂. 3 Rhode Island reds and 3 Plymouth blue rocks.

Then this spring we've lost one of our old Silver laced wyandottes. What got her we don't know but down to 2 originals and the rooster now.
Where did the eggs she was sitting on go?

Back
Top Bottom