EMERGENCY - Can I still save them?

It’s very late right now, they’re all sleeping probably, and everything is closed. I can’t do anything to help since my parents won’t let me go in the middle of the night outside. With the behaviour I described, do you think they will survive until tomorrow morning ?
Possibly. You'll just have to wait and see. Maybe the water you gave them will be enough to help them till morning.

What's in the two bowls I see in the bottom of the picture? Are the chicks and ducklings together in that space? What's the bedding?

Typo

Last edited:
What's in the two bowls I see in the bottom of the picture? Are the chicks and ducklings together in that space? What's the bedding?

Typo
One is a bowl of grass, and another is a bowl of grains made for baby chicks

May I ask, what’s a bedding? I’m not fully English to know every words meaning. Thanks

Bedding is the surface on the ground. Are you using wood chips, sand or ??? Is the grains and grass the only thing you are feeding them? No commercial chick feed bought at the store? It may be that they need grit, finely ground gravel, to help them digest the grass and grains. They swallow the grit and it goes into their gizzard, a very strong muscle inside that crushes their food. If you are feeding grass, it must be cut very fine so it doesn't bind up in their crop. I'm glad to hear they are doing better. Where in this world are you? You can put it in your profile and it will help us to help you.

Bedding is the surface on the ground. Are you using wood chips, sand or ??? Is the grains and grass the only thing you are feeding them? No commercial chick feed bought at the store? It may be that they need grit, finely ground gravel, to help them digest the grass and grains. They swallow the grit and it goes into their gizzard, a very strong muscle inside that crushes their food. If you are feeding grass, it must be cut very fine so it doesn't bind up in their crop. I'm glad to hear they are doing better. Where in this world are you? You can put it in your profile and it will help us to help you.
I’m using wood chips, and yes grains and grass are the only things I’m feeding them unless they find something else when they go outside (I started letting them go outside but only when I’m watching just in case something happens).

What’s commercial chick feed..? The grains I have are chopped tiny pieces of grains just for chicks that we have bought at the store, is it that?

Thanks for letting me know, I’ll be getting smaller pieces of grass next time I go get some for them. And I’m in Belgium, Luxembourg.

I’m using wood chips, and yes grains and grass are the only things I’m feeding them unless they find something else when they go outside (I started letting them go outside but only when I’m watching just in case something happens).

What’s commercial chick feed..? The grains I have are chopped tiny pieces of grains just for chicks that we have bought at the store, is it that?

Thanks for letting me know, I’ll be getting smaller pieces of grass next time I go get some for them. And I’m in Belgium, Luxembourg.
They are going to need medicated chick food since they do not have a momma to build up their immune system.I think you guys have a brand called Purina over there as well something like this(picture)
Screenshot 2024-05-09 6.46.54 PM.png

Yes, it is feed for baby chicks that you buy at a store. It is specially formulated to provide all the nutrients they need in perfect balance. All the protein, fats and carbohydrates they need along with the vitamins and minerals needed to grow healthy muscles, bones, feathers, blood, etc. Nearly impossible to provide all that with just grains and greens. They will just pick out the grains they like best, not necessarily all they need. Like letting a child only eat what they like ... they will end up eating cake and ice cream all the time, right? They also need grit which you can also get at the feed store.

Back
Top Bottom