Worming chickens with Zimecterin Gold

1 tube which indicates it treats up to 1250 lb body weight. I would think one tube is more than enough.
It's enough to treat 1250 pounds of horses because the horse dose is only 1 mg per 2.2 pounds. The chicken dose is 10-20 times that, it's 10 mg/kg to 20 mg/kg.

If you have 18 chickens that weigh 6 pounds each, and one that weighs 10 pounds, that means you flock weighs 118 pounds.

118 / 2.2 x 20 / 77.5 = 13.84 ml
One tube = 7.35 grams = 7.35 ml
You will need two tubes to treat a 118 pound flock.

What that translates into is, on a people dosage syringe, just under 2 lines. It's a tiny amount.

I have a syringe that is broken down by 0.1 ml, 0.2 ml ect up to one 1.0 ml/cc. So if I understand correctly, I would give a 5 lb chx .59 which is just under the 0.6 mark. Wazine is so much easier to does. Two ounces/2 tbls per gallon with the Wazine.

I just don't want to hurt my chickens. I'm the crazy chicken owner that has taken her chickens to an avian vet when need be. I have a 3 month old duckling that was given to me by the feed store when she was about a week old because the duckling was 80% blind. The vet told me she should do well in an enclosed area. She is thriving and getting around just fine! Thank you again for your help.

I'm confused...Sorry, I'm just not that smart at this, which is sure that is what you are all thinking by now. :)
So if I have a syringe for adults that is measured in ml/cc and is marked 1/2, 1, 1 1/2, etc, how much paste dosage should I give each 5 lb chicken? The dosage indicates on the box "dose rate of 91 mcg ivermectin per lb (200 mcg/kg) body weight and 454 mcg praziquantel per 1 mg/kg) body weight. Each weight marking on the syringe plunger delivers enough paste to treat 250 lb body weight." It treats up to a total of 1250 lbs.

1 ml syringe.png
3 ml syringe.png
5 ml syringe.png

Back
Top Bottom