Worming chickens with Zimecterin Gold

If they weigh 8 pounds each they would need 0.94 ml each. Did you see my note about it not being water soluble?

What breeds are they? I ask because most laying hens are 4-6 pounds.

I am in the US and the wormer I have has ivermectin 1.55% /praziquantel 7.75% . The syringe is in 50 lbs increments and it goes up to 1250 lbs. I did see your note about not being water soluble. I had someone tell me locally I could mix it in some warm water in a bottle shaking it up well to let it dissolve then putting it in their water. My breeds are Jersey Giant, Red Leggerns, Cinnamon Queens, French Hens, and some Dominques. They may very well weigh 4 to 6 pounds except the Jersey Giant. She weighs 10 lbs. Someone locally said I should give a does for 200 lbs in 2 gallons of water with the knowledge that the chickens would not drink the 2 gallons of water in one day. I just thought that was a lot of wormer. I've always used Wazine but that does not treat tapeworm.

scs, if the syringe is for cattle, goats, or larger animals, you might want to ask the local pharmacist for an oral dosage syringe for children. Most here, give them away. They do sell them here too, but why pay if the pharmacy will give you one or two.

Good Idea! I do have some syringes and they are in ML.

scs, if the syringe is for cattle, goats, or larger animals, you might want to ask the local pharmacist for an oral dosage syringe for children. Most here, give them away. They do sell them here too, but why pay if the pharmacy will give you one or two.
Yes, I was just going to suggest that! That is how some peafowl breeders medicate their flocks. :D

Since getaclue suggested a smaller syringe, I will try that route. Since I have Zimecterin Gold (ivermectin 1.55%/Praziquantel 7.75% paste) how many ml would I give a chicken who weighs approx. 5 to 8 lbs? I do so much appreciate everyone's help!:wee

5 pounds gets ~0.59 ml
8 pounds gets ~0.94 ml
10 pounds gets ~1.17 ml

Back
Top Bottom