Which of these incubators should I get?

Which of these incubators would you recommend?

• Nurture Right 360

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Magicfly

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Other (write in)

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Hovabator 2370

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters
Okay, after a bunch more reading, and knowing that I'm working with a mix of shipped and local eggs, I decided to go with the incuview, partly because I was able to find one refurbished on ebay for $150 shipped (Thanks for the tip @Mrs. Biddy)! My hope is that, for the shipped eggs, I'll be able to prop them upright in an egg carton and tilt them manually for the first week. That seemed impossible for the nature 360. I also really like the view and the space - the N360 seemed tight on space. Wish me luck, and if anyone wants to make any best practice suggestions that are particular to this model, please share!

For those of you recommending the incuview - did you just use the included egg turner, or did you switch to an upright? Is it possible to take the egg turner out and just turn manually (I work from home so could do this)?

I'm still learning how to successfully hatch shipped eggs. It's very easy to remove the sliding turner and turner arm in the Incuview and there's a good amount of space inside. You can turn each egg individually or tilt the entire incubator. I currently have shipped eggs in mine in egg cartons. I can see that some are developing but results remain to be seen so I have no advice or recommendations. I've received so much conflicting advice about shipped eggs and of course, each batch is different. Lots of people hatch shipped eggs in the Nurture Right 360 from what I hear, and that one doesn't have an upright turner either.

I'm still learning how to successfully hatch shipped eggs. It's very easy to remove the sliding turner and turner arm in the Incuview and there's a good amount of space inside. You can turn each egg individually or tilt the entire incubator. I currently have shipped eggs in mine in egg cartons. I can see that some are developing but results remain to be seen so I have no advice or recommendations. I've received so much conflicting advice about shipped eggs and of course, each batch is different. Lots of people hatch shipped eggs in the Nurture Right 360 from what I hear, and that one doesn't have an upright turner either.

I hear you. I did a mix last year as well, and the shipped eggs actually developed better than the locals with just a couple early quitters, but then I had a LOT of malpositions right at the end. The fertility was high, but the final hatch rate was maybe 60%. The locals were opposite - a lot of clears and early quitters, but pretty much everything that went into lockdown made it out. Hoping to do better this year on both counts!

I am hatching shipped silkied serama eggs......first time with them....along with some of my own....
I am not on a thread, sorry. But I will definitely be posting progress after candling and then lockdown.
I have hatched several clutches in my classroom with the hovabator successfully. This is my first time hatching at home with the close supervision of my teenage son!

Which of these would you get?

I have the HovaBator 1588w/ old style, upright turner

Can't say anything bad about this. I have packed it with 40 eggs, taking into consideration a failure rate, and had 100% of them hatch. I can not recommend this any higher. I have hatched chickens, quail, turkeys and peacocks with fantastic success. The eggs hatch and I leave the chicks in there until they are dry. So easy and pretty much foolproof.

Also, check other sites for prices. Places like Tractor Supply and Rural King ship and can be a LOT cheaper for supplies.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom