chillchick

Chirping
Apr 7, 2018
Hello! I am a special education teacher in New Jersey. I have my undergraduate degree in social work, seven New Jersey Education certifications and my Masters in Special Education. I am also an adjunct professor in the Education/Special Education Department of a university. I have used classroom animals with my students in a private school setting and three public schools. My students have emotional/behavioral issues, as well as learning disabilities. The animals provided a nurturing classroom environment, helped to develop social skills and were integrated into the academic standards. My students with ED/BD also completed a Service Learning Project, sharing their knowledge of the classroom pets with students with multiple disabilities/autism. I was also a winner of the Pets in the Classroom Lesson Plan submission for two years in a row. We have had Reading Therapy Dogs, frogs/toads, lizards, guinea pigs, hamsters, gerbils, turtles, hermit crabs, fish... We called one program, “Reading with Rodents!”
My students have had terrific, healing, growing experiences with the animals! I am now looking into developing a program using chickens – and I came across your site.
Any information anyone would be able to provide would be greatly appreciated, especially in the area of "certification" of my chickens.

Back
Top Bottom