The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

We went to the park and a mama duck and her babies swam by. There’s a lip on the edge that they use to get a break and find yummy bugs

IMG_7749.jpeg
IMG_7756.jpeg

My back got a little rest but not enough, I'm sure. P!us my prescription wasn't called in like she said she would, so I have to go the weekend without it 😞

Ain't that the truth 😖 but there is something about getting a shot tere that just seems worse 🤷

It is working, I just have to remember to pace myself and still get the work done.
When I get an injection in my knee, it can take three days to work completely.

Speaking of snakes, I killed a big rat snake Thursday night. The chickens were making a ruckus so I went out to check on them. I was expecting a raccoon in the yard, but the snake was climbing up the side of the run. I usually locate them to the other side of the pond, but this one kept trying to strike at me, so I went ahead and killed it. I hate doing that, but it was mich more aggressive than they usually are and I didn't want to get bit.

I'd rather have the snake! I'm terrified of rats and most of their cousins.
I went up to the attic to change the whole house fan from a manual switch to a wireless setup with a timer. I was surprised to see rat droppings up there! It was clear last summer so they moved in for the Winter. They may have move on, or died from poison in the neighborhood but i did put some bait up there.

They must be roof rats! :he:mad::sick

Back
Top Bottom