Show off your house ducks!

Pics
As a for-profit school I don't really trust PIMA. Some clinics around here don't even recognize the cert if you get yours from there! The vet I interned at called it "pay to win", heh. 40k for a vet tech cert is a bit ludicrous and they cram so much into just three semesters, I've heard lots of horror stories about it. There are two other schools, but one is at Uni and won't allow animals on campus, and the other is in another county entirely and only accepts forty students a year. So it's been pretty rough.
40K?!?! Yikes! I paid that much for a semester of medical school! They really take "for profit" to the extreme!!!

As a for-profit school I don't really trust PIMA. Some clinics around here don't even recognize the cert if you get yours from there! The vet I interned at called it "pay to win", heh. 40k for a vet tech cert is a bit ludicrous and they cram so much into just three semesters, I've heard lots of horror stories about it. There are two other schools, but one is at Uni and won't allow animals on campus, and the other is in another county entirely and only accepts forty students a year. So it's been pretty rough.

It's certainly an intense program. It's the only tech one offered around here, and I'll admit I'll be paying off my student loans for the rest of my life lol. If you can't devote your whole life to just that program I wouldn't bet on you graduating. And they are really strict about retaking courses. I'm biased of course but I thought it was a rally good program.

Misty is going to the vet this morning, I think the egg that has been bound in for the past 4 1/2 months broke! (We went to the vet twice and she's denying that it's possible for eggs to pass a bound one, which I am almost positive is happening.) Maybe we can finally convince her to do something! I'm very nervous, I don't want to sound like I'm doubting the vets abilities. And I want Misty to be back to her normal self again. Wish us luck!

Misty is going to the vet this morning, I think the egg that has been bound in for the past 4 1/2 months broke! (We went to the vet twice and she's denying that it's possible for eggs to pass a bound one, which I am almost positive is happening.) Maybe we can finally convince her to do something! I'm very nervous, I don't want to sound like I'm doubting the vets abilities. And I want Misty to be back to her normal self again. Wish us luck!
Best of luck to you and little Misty. Fingers crossed!!!

If your vet won't do anything about an egg-bound duck for over four months, the time for pleasantries is over. You put your foot down and get her treated, or she's gonna face the wrath of a million white-hot suns!!

We just got back from the vet and she doesn't think it's the same egg that's been there the whole time, I'm starting to believe her because this egg was softer and I could indent it which made it feel broken. Misty hasn't been eating her oyster shell, so that would explain why it's painful for her to pass them because the reproductive system needs calcium for the muscles I guess. She also said if she is laying everyday, then I would constantly feel an egg there and she might be chronic egg laying because she wants to nest, so she is sitting in her nest with an infertile chicken egg now. I'm hoping that this works and she's right, because it did make sense if this is the problem, Misty does like to sit on her nest (or beg to go to the backyard in the bamboo even after she's laid an egg that day). she said to call her if she starts acting sick and depressed or the problem isn't solved. She prescribed us some liquid calcium, and I think I'll pick up some tablets if she wont like the liquid in her treats. The vet also said that I should stop petting her when she squats for me as that could make her want to nest. I guess she tells people with parrots that they shouldn't let them bond with them because they can get sexually frustrated, too.

Another thing that makes me feel a little guilty is sometimes at night when I'm ready to go to bed, I'll take Misty out of her nest and put her in her crate. I guess it never occurred to me that she wanted to brood because she wouldn't lay in there all day. I'm going to let her do her thing now and sit on the nest as long as she wants.

Aaah, sweet little Misty. Glad to hear she'll be okay with some adjustments. And how could one NOT pet her if she's squatting or otherwise. Give her a kiss:)

My sue and daffy!!

Back
Top Bottom