Show Off Your Games!

Quote:
Hatchs, hatch greys, etc, could be Green legged vareties, blacks, black legs. White/light colored fowl could be yellow (since most are in gamefowl) ETc.. leg colors aren't really a problem as in basically every breed leg standard colors change with the color, As for the combs, i would rather have Peacombs, Easier to trim, and the straight combs wouldn't get mixed up with American game bantams/OEGBs. just me though
idunno.gif

Actually, the problem is that some lines will come both white, and yellow legged, and both straight and pea combed. There are a lot of acceptable colors, and creeds in the make up of games, as they are not bred for strict conformation the way the APA is, games are bred more for their character, with not as much emphasis on look. Don't get me wrong, they should look a certain way. If you have a roundhead that is green legged, and has a straight comb, you don't have a roundhead. See what I mean? That is what bothers me about some of the games that are judged in the APA, they completely ignore the character of the bird, and just want it to look to a standard. That is why you can see game breed roosters side by side in poultry shows, with nothing separating them but some wire, and they are just sitting there ignoring the other roosters, the game has been sacrificed for conformation of body. JMO

Well I dont have any pics but I have a story. I have a BBred game hen who has 8, 9 day old chicks following her. It has been at or below freezing almost everynight thus far. She has only lost one. The chicks had a hard time figuring out how to get back into the doghouse.

mmk, photos of the American games i have now-
DCP_0004.JPG
shelton roundhead/Morgan whitehackle rooster, one and half years old
whitehenjpg.jpg
my white hen, (Half southern ace white kelso, half of the grey bloodline i posted on the first page (long green legged rooster), her dad, is the white kelso,
DCP_0006.JPG
Morgan whitehackle hen, about 3 and a half years old, (none related to the rooster, i tried to get the white hackles used for him but she wasn't around. they come almost solid white with so many spots.)
DCP_0007.JPG
Roundhead rooster again, Showing how big his body is,
DCP_0008.JPG
roundhead, and white hen. yes i was actually that close. and on my knees, lucky i trust him and know my games aren't mean :p hes got 2 inch spurs, wish his tail would have been bigger though. shortened when he molted

-Daniel

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom