Shipped Emu Hatching Egg

My replacement emu egg for the bad egg arrived yesterday and I put it in the incubator today. Yesterday I switched the eggs over to my hovabator with a humidikit because my humidity was too inconsistent in the nurture right 360.

I updated my spreadsheet as well to make it easier to read now that I have 3 eggs:

1669341314300.png

Still have awhile to go before anything potentially hatches, but I should be able to start checking for signs of life in the first egg in about a week.

Nice job with the spreadsheets… you are very organized! Now we sit and wait…..

May Almighty God Bless these babies with good health - and Bless you with all abilities to care for them in a right & proper manner!

Well its been a week since my last update. These are what my weights are looking like now. Egg 3 is a little off but its still within safe parameters.

1669946717215.png

emu egg tilt.png

Egg 1 also has a slight tilt to it and it is warmer on the lower side and cooler on the higher side, where there is the air cell, which is a good sign. That supposedly means that there is an embryo in the egg, but I have seen posts on old emu hatching threads that this still happens a lot with eggs that are duds. Still have about 20 or so days until its due to hatch. The next thing to look for is an egg wiggle.

The first egg wiggled today! There were a couple times I thought I saw it wiggle before but I wasn’t sure because it was small. But today it definitely wiggled! It’s got about 7-8 days until it’s due to hatch.

I’m excited to know how your babies turned out! I am also wondering who were you buying white emu eggs from? There are lots of scams online so I want to be careful.

Back
Top Bottom