Serama Hatch-Along Thread!

Pics
It just shows how embarrassingly few I eggs I get. I made a quiche with last week’s eggs, better than yeeting them!
Indeed. The yeeter struck again today. My 4 year old brought in a chick AND egg. Took the egg and sat it down so I could grab the chick. I forgot about the egg bc the 2 year old decided to carry a chick, too, (the chicks have been rehomed into the locked area now instead of a brooder with a vented top), and later I hear *splat*. 😅 Yay me....

I have a silkie that lays nearly perfectly oblong eggs. I sit there and stare at those long enough, I think I have it. Then go to set them and I stare all over again lol.
I've had to candle some to find out which side has the aircell to set them 🤣 I had one I set from a breeder on my last hatch, all eggs came marked and I never questioned it. When I did my candling right before lock down it sure didn't look right, all dark, no air cell, I thought maybe it was rotten. Nope, I had just set it according to the marks, and it was upside down. Perfectly symmetrical egg, the little one hatched just fine, lol.

Mayne use flash? It does somehow look...whiter than a cream egg even though it isn't white at all. Lol.
When she laid her first one, I had to take it out in natural light to finally get a pic, flash was worse! 😯

Attachments

• IMG_2024-01-25-13-44-46-671~2.jpg
    IMG_2024-01-25-13-44-46-671~2.jpg
    502.2 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom