Read it for yourself at local library!

averytds

Songster
11 Years
Jul 9, 2008
KS
We got different answers from everyone we talked to. Our city doesn't have any online resources. We got the chickens anyways. Are they outlaws??? Now that we have them are we exposing ourselves by still trying to get the answers?
barnie.gif

Our local library keeps a copy of city codes and ordinances in a binder in the resources room. I went and read it for myself yesterday. No questions asked, no explanations to give.
cool.png

Give it a try wherever you are. No run around or misinformation. FYI everyone we talked to gave us the wrong answer. Not one person knew the law. Even the first person I talked to at the library didn't think they had anything like that available. Get someone in the resources room. If you have more than 1 branch, try the main 1 first.

We are currently in violation. Chickens are allowed as long as we don't let them roam free on public property and they aren't bothering the neighbors. No limits or restrictions, but you have to have a $2 permit. We don't have a permit. Our only problem now is how to get one. Since nobody knew the law, how hard is it going to be to find someone who knows anything about the permits.
he.gif

For now we're going to live as outlaws. I'll worry about the runaround after school starts so I don't have to lug all the kids down to city hall.

Give it a try where you live. Your local library may have the same.
big_smile.png

LOL, mail a registered letter to the court house with a check for $2, and in the memo part, note that it's for a chicken permit.

Back
Top Bottom