Raising A Baby Zebra Finch

Hey, question! What does the tiny black dot inside the egg mean? I candled all 6 eggs she had and 5 all had a small black dot in the egg. Only one didn't, so I left that and started incubating the others. This is just practice for now because my incubator does not have a humidity display. I've ordered one, but since it's coming from so far away it'll come between February and March. I read an article saying that the black dot means the hen is fertilized? In other words, the egg is probably fertilized? Thanks! :)

Hey, question! What does the tiny black dot inside the egg mean? I candled all 6 eggs she had and 5 all had a small black dot in the egg. Only one didn't, so I left that and started incubating the others. This is just practice for now because my incubator does not have a humidity display. I've ordered one, but since it's coming from so far away it'll come between February and March. I read an article saying that the black dot means the hen is fertilized? In other words, the egg is probably fertilized? Thanks! :)
If there is black dots in the eggs then at a best guess they are fertile! I hope they hatch! What kind of eggs are these again?

If there is black dots in the eggs then at a best guess they are fertile! I hope they hatch! What kind of eggs are these again?

Yay!! Btw, as soon as I took the old eggs out, she layed a new one yesterday, and I put it in the nest. She lays eggs way to often!! I may have to remove those VERY comfortable nests..

Back
Top Bottom