Votes: 33 55.9%
  • Spouse processes them

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Other family member processes them

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Here to learn

Votes: 18 30.5%

• Total voters
It's funny but it's become almost ritual for us. On days that I process we do a vegan meal almost in tribute. It mainly started because I was doing 20-30 chickens at a time back then and by the time I was done for the day. I didn't want to see any meat period lol. Then it just stuck so now it's become our little processing day ritual.
That's awesome. I ate vegan tonight. I actually ate only one meal today because I was so preoccupied with everything else going on.

Really? Didn't make me hungry at all. I'd rather eat chips with salsa 😂 we went out to Chili's to celebrate my victory with completing what I said I'd do. Now I have to go hunting this fall for a deer.

Well, not hungry per se cause I was ridiculously full but it looks delicious and I want to try it :lau and that’s awesome!! I love Chili’s!! :love I don’t think I could hunt though. :oops: I don’t know that I could even kill or process anything. :lau :th I’m a huge baby lmao

Oh and I love chips and salsa :lau

Well, not hungry per se cause I was ridiculously full but it looks delicious and I want to try it :lau and that’s awesome!! I love Chili’s!! :love I don’t think I could hunt though. :oops: I don’t know that I could even kill or process anything. :lau :th I’m a huge baby lmao

Oh and I love chips and salsa :lau
I didn't think I could do these birds. It wasn't a bad experience at all. I was expecting something to go horribly wrong.

I just bought a nice roaster pan at the store to cook them in.

I didn't think I could do these birds. It wasn't a bad experience at all. I was expecting something to go horribly wrong.

I just bought a nice roaster pan at the store to cook them in.

I may need to try it sometime. I just get too attached. :lau

And that’s awesome!!

If you haven't already tried it, pressure-cooked chicken is fabulous, too - my new favorite method of cooking a whole chicken is in my Instant Pot. :D
I have a quick pot. It's a pressure cooker with tons of other buttons. I had an instant pot but the lid fell off the counter and busted the handle right off 😭 so I went to Walmart to get a new one and I saw the quick pot brand and it was $139 but had a clearance tag on it for $45. Someone hid it behind all the instant pots.

Do you put it on broil after the pressure cooking to crisp it up?

I have 3 so I can cook them all different if I wanted to. I was thinking pressure cook one and roast another... Not sure how we will do the 3rd one.

Best advice I have when skinning is to wet ALL the feathers from the neck to the legs. It helps the skin come off plus you don't have feathers flying everywhere.

Yesterday I kept getting the smell of wet feathers everywhere! I had to go buy more wax melts to make my sense of smell stop tricking me.

It's a smell that I won't forget that's for sure. It's like when I dog gets wet, but I stead of wet dog smell it's wet chicken smell 😂

I have a quick pot. It's a pressure cooker with tons of other buttons. I had an instant pot but the lid fell off the counter and busted the handle right off 😭 so I went to Walmart to get a new one and I saw the quick pot brand and it was $139 but had a clearance tag on it for $45. Someone hid it behind all the instant pots.

Do you put it on broil after the pressure cooking to crisp it up?

I have 3 so I can cook them all different if I wanted to. I was thinking pressure cook one and roast another... Not sure how we will do the 3rd one.
Sounds like you scored! Love a deal. :highfive:

I don't typically broil after cooking (though I do have a Mealthy CrispLid that I could pop on after the cooking is finished - very convenient). The skin's actually pretty nice after pressure cooking already, but a few minutes under a broiler would make it even more appealing. ETA--> forgot that you skinned yours, but broiling would probably still add something

Have fun cooking your chicken and enjoy the fruits of your labor!

Back
Top Bottom