• Spouse processes them

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Other family member processes them

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Here to learn

Votes: 18 30.5%

• Total voters
Pics
I'm pretty meh on raw tomatoes. :p But I *love* tomato sauce things. Gimme dat pizza, the pasta, the tomato soup with cheese sandwiches and a good taco soup...

When we make our sauce we have a hand food mill we put them sauce through to get out seeds and skins. Then we dehydrate the seeds and skins to make tomato powder that can go on all sorts of snacks. Really great for making your own BBQ potato chips!
How do you do your tomato soup?

I'm pretty meh on raw tomatoes. :p But I *love* tomato sauce things. Gimme dat pizza, the pasta, the tomato soup with cheese sandwiches and a good taco soup...

When we make our sauce we have a hand food mill we put them sauce through to get out seeds and skins. Then we dehydrate the seeds and skins to make tomato powder that can go on all sorts of snacks. Really great for making your own BBQ potato chips!
And recipe for bbq potato chips lol

Tomatoes, garlic, onion powder, milk, S&P and stock. TBH I love campbells. It's very nostalgic so I try to get as close to that as possible. I just look up a recipe and roll.

I'm still working on the BBQ chips recipe. But tomato powder ends up playing a key roll. Tomato powder, salt, sugar, paprika, garlic, onion powder, chili powder.... We didn't garden last year so I haven't had a chance to work on it since two years ago. But the tomato powder will take it to a whole 'nother level that most BBQ chip spices lack.

Today's the day. Tomato sauce and tomato powder incoming
Tomato2020_1.png
Tomato2020_2.png
Tomato2020_3.png .

Back
Top Bottom