• Spouse processes them

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Other family member processes them

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Here to learn

Votes: 18 30.5%

• Total voters
I usually use big ziplock bags
2 1/2 gallons will hold anything but turkey. 1 gallon will hold some chicken.
I sometimes use the VAC seal bags
So you seal them right off and place them in the fridge?

I just bought the larger vacuum seal roll, the bags I have aren't large enough. I just bought a really nice roaster pan too 😁

So you seal them right off and place them in the fridge?

I just bought the larger vacuum seal roll, the bags I have aren't large enough. I just bought a really nice roaster pan too 😁
Yes, especially since you don't have skin.
Some people leave them open to dry the skin,so it's crisper.

My husband will kill me if I used those in his broth 😂 I was going to dehydrate them for dog treats and he told me I'm gross. Told him to shut it or I'll make him rip off the toe nails😂
That's a shame. I made thick, absolutely delicious broth from feet after the last processing...nose to tail!

Now they're bagged... Chipotle bacon, Montreal, and just regular chicken. I still can't believe I did it. I did something many people pay people to do for them!

IMG_20200308_195936~2.jpg

Really? Didn't make me hungry at all. I'd rather eat chips with salsa 😂 we went out to Chili's to celebrate my victory with completing what I said I'd do. Now I have to go hunting this fall for a deer.

It's funny but it's become almost ritual for us. On days that I process we do a vegan meal almost in tribute. It mainly started because I was doing 20-30 chickens at a time back then and by the time I was done for the day. I didn't want to see any meat period lol. Then it just stuck so now it's become our little processing day ritual.

Back
Top Bottom