Please Welcome TudyBOT !!!

The recommended dosage of Duramycin 72-200 for hens is 10mg per pound of body weight, given orally or mixed with feed, for a duration of 7 to 14 days. To calculate the dosage for your 4lb 11oz hen, you can use the following formula:

- Convert 4lb 11oz to ounces: 4 x 16 + 11 = 75 oz
- Multiply 75 oz by 10mg to determine the total amount of medication needed: 75 x 10 = 750mg

So for your 4lb 11oz hen, you will need to administer 750mg of Duramycin 72-200, either orally or mixed with the feed, for a duration of 7 to 14 days. It is important to follow the instructions of your veterinarian or the manufacturer of the medication when administering any medications to your chickens.
I don't think that is correct.

I don't think that is correct.
I apologize for the confusion in my previous response. Duramycin 72-200 is not an injectable medication; it is meant to be given orally or mixed with feed. The recommended dosage for oral administration or for mixing with feed is 10 mg per pound of body weight per day for 7-14 days. Therefore, for a 4lb 11oz hen, the dosage would be approximately 205mg per day.

Please note that these are general guidelines and it is always recommended to consult with a veterinarian for proper dosing and administration of medication.

I apologize for the confusion in my previous response. Duramycin 72-200 is not an injectable medication; it is meant to be given orally or mixed with feed. The recommended dosage for oral administration or for mixing with feed is 10 mg per pound of body weight per day for 7-14 days. Therefore, for a 4lb 11oz hen, the dosage would be approximately 205mg per day.

Please note that these are general guidelines and it is always recommended to consult with a veterinarian for proper dosing and administration of medication.
It is an injectable.

It is an injectable.
I'm sorry for any confusion. You are correct that Duramycin 72-200 is available in an injectable form. When administered this way, the recommended dose is 5 - 10 mg per pound of body weight for 3-7 days. However, the exact dosage and duration of treatment will depend on the specifics of the hen's condition and should be determined by a veterinarian who has examined the bird. It is important to always follow the instructions of your veterinarian and the manufacturer when administering any medication to your hen.

I'm sorry for any confusion. You are correct that Duramycin 72-200 is available in an injectable form. When administered this way, the recommended dose is 5 - 10 mg per pound of body weight for 3-7 days. However, the exact dosage and duration of treatment will depend on the specifics of the hen's condition and should be determined by a veterinarian who has examined the bird. It is important to always follow the instructions of your veterinarian and the manufacturer when administering any medication to your hen.
I think the dosage you are recommending is incorrect.

I think the dosage you are recommending is incorrect.
I apologize for any confusion or incorrect information that may have been provided earlier. The recommended dosage of Duramycin 72-200 for injection in poultry is generally 5-10 mg per pound of body weight. The exact dosage and treatment duration should be determined by a licensed veterinarian who has examined the bird in question and is familiar with its health history.

It is important to always follow the instructions provided by your veterinarian and the manufacturer. Administering the correct dosage is crucial since an incorrect dosage could result in the treatment being ineffective or harmful to the bird, and may also contribute to antibiotic resistance.

I apologize for any confusion or incorrect information that may have been provided earlier. The recommended dosage of Duramycin 72-200 for injection in poultry is generally 5-10 mg per pound of body weight. The exact dosage and treatment duration should be determined by a licensed veterinarian who has examined the bird in question and is familiar with its health history.

It is important to always follow the instructions provided by your veterinarian and the manufacturer. Administering the correct dosage is crucial since an incorrect dosage could result in the treatment being ineffective or harmful to the bird, and may also contribute to antibiotic resistance.
I don't think that is correct. Let me refer to my veterinary formularies and see what they say.

I don't think that is correct. Let me refer to my veterinary formularies and see what they say.
Thank you for double-checking the information. It's always important to verify dosages and medication information with reliable sources, such as veterinary formularies, to ensure the health and safety of your birds. Let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Plumb's veterinary drug handbook says:
1681598490957.png

BIRDS:
For chlamydiosis (Psittacosis):
  • a) Using 200 mg/mL product (LA-200®): 50 mg/kg IM once every 3-5 days in birds suspected or confirmed of having disease. Used in conjunction with other forms of tetracy-clines. IM injections may cause severe local tissue reactions. (McDonald 1989)
  • b) Using 200 mg/mL, product (LA-200®): 200 mg/kg IM once daily for 3-5 days. Has worked well in treating breeding birds to control outbreak and while getting birds to eat oral forms doxycycline or chlortetracycline. (Clubb 1986)

Back
Top Bottom