My turkey has been laying eggs on the sly !

Hmmmm... So, I know where her nest is. It has 3-4 eggs in it. I know she is waiting to get "enough" before she sets. What If I stuck about 10 chicken eggs in there, do you think the next time she went to lay, if the 15-16 were enough, that she would set? Or would she know they are not hers because she hasn't laid that many and abandon that nest?

About 5 weeks no poults yet . But shes still sitting on them . So I was just letting her go. I assume after a certain point she will call it quits and I get rid of the eggs. I tried to candle 1 night but they are brown eggs and alot thicker than chicken eggs so I couldnt see anything .

Can u get some day old chicks and slip under her? Could be chicken babies even. Lol Make sure she doesn't stay too much longer, it can't be healthy after a certain point.
About 5 weeks no poults yet . But shes still sitting on them . So I was just letting her go. I assume after a certain point she will call it quits and I get rid of the eggs. I tried to candle 1 night but they are brown eggs and alot thicker than chicken eggs so I couldnt see anything .

That is what I did I got mine 8 baby chicks and she loved them like they were turkeys Here she is with 1 of her turkins thats what my kids call them

Poor girl! She only wants to raise some wittle babies!! Lol Idk if they have the same kind of emotions as we do, but if so....
sad.png

Yes I feel bad I was taking 2-3 eggs away daily ! Til yesterday when she got off I took the last 2 . She went back to the nest and looked for them , Then last night she slept in the nest still . I think they do morn alittle bit , but Today she is out and about like she did before she sat on her eggs .

Back
Top Bottom