Pearlescent

In the Brooder
Apr 17, 2024
my Turkey hen is a big egg producer, she has been laying almost everyday for the last month. Today she layed an odd egg, it looked normal except for an extra thin shell that light shown through and on almost every dark brown spot on the egg, there were 2-5 white 3D bumps, felt rather pokey to the touch. This has never happened before and I can’t find anything about what causes this in turkeys, just chickens. So I want to know what could cause this and if she’ll be ok.

my Turkey hen is a big egg producer, she has been laying almost everyday for the last month. Today she layed an odd egg, it looked normal except for an extra thin shell that light shown through and on almost every dark brown spot on the egg, there were 2-5 white 3D bumps, felt rather pokey to the touch. This has never happened before and I can’t find anything about what causes this in turkeys, just chickens. So I want to know what could cause this and if she’ll be ok.
Make sure she has access to oyster shell.

The same thing causes it in turkeys as it does in chickens. It isn't normally found in turkeys because they are seasonal layers and don't normally lay nearly every day.

Back
Top Bottom