My Chicken falls down when she tries to run (video)

No but she is still with us for now. I gave her the poly vi sol and added pedialite to her water. She will perk up a little in the evenings, she can walk a little but that just poops her right out. She found a favorite place for an earthworm a couple days ago and I started to dig some up for her, she saw what I was doing and wandered over and laid down and ate every worm I tossed her way. She won't eat any scrambled eggs :(

She eats and drinks, but she is not gaining any weight at all. I keep food near her but she is starting to get kinda picky now.

I did give her some wazine in her water on the off chance it is worms, I figure at this point it will be short of a miracle if she survives.

I feel horrible. I don't want her to suffer but I also think what if I finally figure it out and it works and she pulls through??

I am going to get some medicated chick starter on the way home. Maybe it will help

Can I revive this thread to ask what happened to your girl? I have a Rhode Island Red doing this now! She falls over kind of sideways like your video shows when she tries to run to me. Once she is down she can't get up. Hoping there is hope for her.

Well I hate to be the bearer of bad news but poor Sprout passed away shortly after this posting. I have no idea what could have been wrong with her. I am thinking she had cancer, but that is not a for sure diagnosis.

She would hang out with me I would just spoil her rotten give her tons to eat and she would never gain any weight and kept dropping weight. The falling and lack of coordination was getting marginally worse. The night before she passed away, I gave her all her special treats and she ate them up. she went to bed and the next morning she didn't want to wake up so I knew it was the day.

Nothing I tried worked. Had I known then what I know now, I would have just taken her to the vet. She would perk up when she would see me, so it made me think that maybe things were working, but they werent.

Back
Top Bottom