Muscovies?????

Some people prefer breeding certain traits against the standard. A lot of the exhibition Muscovies have such large caraculs that it appears it would be very difficult for the bird to see. I personally believe everyone should feel free to chose how they breed their birds. Some people prefer breeding for body type while others focus their efforts on color. As long as the birds are being taken care of properly I have no objection to either.

CALM DOWN these breeds are wonderful and make good pets and i think muscovies are CUUUTE and pekins too. i am hatching pekins and some other breeds. Ducks aren't really bred to be, "pretty" but bred to be used for meat, eggs, and for shows and also people get them as pets (like me) I tried looking for a "pretty" breed when i had the idea of hatching ducks for pets but i realized that i wasn't going to find a pretty breed, so i got ones that will be good pets and once you get ducks you will love them no matter what they look like. Now that i have more knowledge on ducks, muscovies are one of my favorite breeds along with pekins and now i think all ducks are gorgeous and super cute. Are you looking for a pet? If so, call ducks are small, since you seem to like small ducks, and come in lots of different colors.

Last edited:
i dont know what calico and self blue muscovies r? i stick to the registered colors that r showable! those colors r blue, black, white, and chocolate! i have blue and blacks. to shw muscovies r very easy just give them water to clean themselves off in. the best muscovies r 1s with lots of full even red caraculs or skin on there face. If they blue or black or chocolate muscovies they should have even coloring and lacing on there feathers. the males always do better than females. they should not have black skin on there caraculs, if they r over a year they should develope white on there wings and other questions just ask i hoped i helped!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
thumbsup.gif
Is there an organization that I should join in order to show them? Can you show mixed colors, like blue and brown? I have a drake who is blue fading into a light brown and he is just absolutely gorgeous! I really should take a picture of him so you can have a better idea what I'm talking about. I noticed that you are on the East Coast, does showing require a lot of traveling state to state?

Is there an organization that I should join in order to show them? Can you show mixed colors, like blue and brown? I have a drake who is blue fading into a light brown and he is just absolutely gorgeous! I really should take a picture of him so you can have a better idea what I'm talking about. I noticed that you are on the East Coast, does showing require a lot of traveling state to state?
you can show him just it depends some judges wont like that but its ok and it depends where you live some states have more shows then others!!!and thereis no club for muscovies but u should join the APA or the international waterfowl breeders!!!

Back
Top Bottom